PDA

View Full Version : Competition

Kaushik Balakumar
03-07-2010, 04:14 PM
While looking through the view finder (and moving around the flower), I found this composition interesting. The tiny petals (or sub-petals if one could call so) were competing against one another in the small area.
I liked the glow on the edges of the petals enhanced by the diffraction of the "not-so-sharp" glass of lens baby composer.

Techs:
Nikon D300 + Lensbaby composer + f8 apertrure disc and couple of macro filters stacked up.
ISO200, 1/50, evening window light.

Would like to know your views on the image.

Kaushik Balakumar
03-07-2010, 04:14 PM
Also tried rotating the same image by 90'
Wonder which one would you prefer...

Thanks for your time.

Charissa
03-07-2010, 04:37 PM
Would go with the top one Kaushik. Nice colors, abstract view of the petals. Soft detail, to go with the overall mood of the shot. Like it.

Randy Stout
03-07-2010, 04:43 PM
Kaushik:

I also prefer the horizontal version. I tried a couple of different crops, and thought the image lent itself to a slightly more 'pano' crop with some off the bottom.

Very interesting and creative

Cheers

Randy

Julie Kenward
03-07-2010, 09:18 PM
Definitely the first image, Kaushik, and wow, what an image it is! Those sharp-as-tack petals in the middle of all that softness is incredible and the colors of the BG make it even more interesting. Really lovely image!!!

Anita Bower
03-08-2010, 05:51 AM
Lovely! Stunning color! I like the groups of little petals peeking up from the mass of yellow. Reminds me of the sun. The darker colors towards the bottom are mildly distracting. Like Randy, I'm wondering how a pano type crop would look. The colors and bokeh above the little petals is very nice. Good work!! :)

Nick Palmieri
03-08-2010, 08:10 AM
I still haven't had much luck with my lens baby but I know there is an entire world of photography that I have yet to explore. I like this and agree a pano crop may improve it, a bit out of the box...

Vida van der Walt
03-08-2010, 11:27 AM
Lovely image Kaushik. I also prefer the first. Love the softness, the warmth of this image and the fall of light on the tips of the petals.:)