PDA

View Full Version : Bald Eagle

John Blumenkamp
01-02-2008, 10:31 PM
Hello all... glad to see yet more opportunity to share and learn about our passion for nature photography with this new site. I look forward to visiting more as the new year progresses.

I'm hoping to see more bald eagles return to the area soon, but until then here is an image from last winter, captured near the Great Salt Lake.

20D @400mm

Any & all comments are greatly appreciated!

Thanks for looking,
John

Alfred Forns
01-02-2008, 10:41 PM
Very Sweet John !!!!! Love the wing position fine detail and slight head turn !!! Just wish it was mine !!!! Big Congrats!!!!

Judd Patterson
01-02-2008, 10:43 PM
Hey John! Nice to see you here too. Not your traditional posture with the eagle headed away from you, but the powerful stare really adds to the impact. It looks like you really caught his eye. ;) Good luck with eagles in 2008...hoping that Farmington Bay treats you well!

Fabs Forns
01-02-2008, 10:45 PM
Hi John and big welcome to BPN!!!

Wonderful image, sharp and well exposed. The only thing I can think of is moving the bird a tad to the left of the frame, so the space in front is more pronounced.

I had to find a nit, no? :) :)

Mike Milicia
01-02-2008, 11:42 PM
Fantastic image !
Great detail, exposure, wing position, and perfect head turn !

Might like to see the bird a bit further to the right in the frame, i.e. a little more
room in front and a little less behind.

Blake Shadle
01-03-2008, 12:41 AM
Great work, John, and welcome! Excellent wing position, detail, and oh boy that eye is so sweet! Maybe a little more room in front, but that's pretty minor.

D. Robert Franz
01-03-2008, 08:58 AM
Good to see you over here, Be sure to visit the wildlife forum.. Love the image.. Hope to come down your way in Feb for these guys if you have a good year..