03-05-2010, 06:06 PM
Canon EOS REBEL T1i
Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro + 12mm tube + 1.4x Canon entender
Av mode
1/2"
F16
ISO: 100
LR & CS3

This is Henbit. I shot this in my lightbox using the live view function with the camera attached to my computer.

Nick Palmieri
03-05-2010, 09:42 PM
Very nice work! Very sharp, the details, the crop, and the position in the frame looks great to me. I wondering if some would recommend toning the lower BG down a bit, but I like it as presented.

Julie Brown
03-05-2010, 10:45 PM
Ken, I like the composition, color, and detail. Did you shoot this inside or outside?

Vida van der Walt
03-06-2010, 03:43 AM
Hi Ken. I like the colours, fine, hairy detail on the bottom of the flower as well as the comp. The pattern on the top petal almost looks like a little face (eyes and nose). I would consider running a slight gaussian blur over the bg.:)

Ken Childs
03-06-2010, 07:27 AM
Julie, this was shot indoors.

Vida and Nick, I just gave the BG a full dose of NR with Neat Image and it does look better. Thanks for the suggestion.

Allen Sparks
03-06-2010, 08:04 AM
I really like this Ken. So this is what henbit looks like up close. Nice detail, colors, and DOF.

Julie Kenward
03-06-2010, 08:05 AM
Wildflowers! Be still my heart!!! You've got some beautiful detail here, Ken, from front to back. The pinks are nicely saturated as well. I don't personally care for the BG - I would probably have taken it to all black since half is green and half is so dark - but that's personal choice.

Ken Childs
03-06-2010, 09:12 AM
Wildflowers! Be still my heart!!!
Warmer temps brought out these tiny flowers all at the same time. I should be able to get shots of Field Pansies and Bluets this afternoon. And maybe a Daffodil. WOOHOO! :D

Kaushik Balakumar
03-06-2010, 03:09 PM
Love the details and colours in the flower, Ken. A very beautiful looking flower indeed.

Charles Wesley
03-06-2010, 07:06 PM
Ken,

Why did you not give a cute alert here? Nice color, contrast and detail. Thanks for sharing...

Ken Childs
03-06-2010, 08:05 PM
Ken,

Why did you not give a cute alert here? Nice color, contrast and detail. Thanks for sharing...

Charles Wesley
03-06-2010, 09:50 PM
Ken,

I really appreciated your work after realizing this flower bloom is only 6 mm. That's extremely tiny IMO.
Thanks for sharing the size. Would never have imagined it...

Mike Moats
03-07-2010, 10:38 AM
Hey Ken, very cool looking flower, good details, agree with Nick on toning down the lower BG. Well done.

Anita Bower
03-08-2010, 05:54 AM
Fantastic detail and color! Wow! Caught my breath when I saw it. As others have said, the BG is a bit distracting. Wildflowers here are still under snow. :)

Jerry van Dijk
03-08-2010, 02:23 PM
Hi Ken, I just love these tiny flowers! They're so rich in their colors and patterns. Only thing that bothers me here is that you've chosen to depict the flower upside down. It feels very unnatural to me, but maybe that's just my deformation being an ecologist :D.

Ken Childs
03-08-2010, 02:47 PM
Hi Ken, I just love these tiny flowers! They're so rich in their colors and patterns. Only thing that bothers me here is that you've chosen to depict the flower upside down. It feels very unnatural to me, but maybe that's just my deformation being an ecologist :D.
Hey Jerry, I realize that technically this flower is upside down but the flowers on this particular plant were pointing straight up so I decided it was up to me to choose which way looked best. To most people, this flower would look upside down when it's right side up. :D