PDA

View Full Version : Anna's Hummingbird

Gus Hallgren
03-05-2010, 05:23 PM
Hi Folks

Another gorgeous day with early morning vivid blue sunny skie, will probably be another 80F day to continue our streak of over a week. Snobirds love it!

This Anna's Hummingbird (F) joined up with a good variety of birds this morning, and this one only need cropping, resizing, and one pass of SS at 24 AMT

CC's warmly invited

Keep smiling

Uncle Gus

Olympus E-620, Zuiko 70-300 @ 380 equiv.
Aperture Priority, F/5.6. 1/1000s, ISO 100, +0.70eV, Auto WB

Ulli Hoeger
03-05-2010, 06:28 PM
Gotta love those hummers. Still a couple of months till we have ours back for the summer.

I looked at your photo on two different screens, and in both the background shows some distracting patterns. Not sure if it is the natural bg or a processing glitch that causes this, just in case I will have another look on my monitor at home later today.

For my taste there is a bit to much empty space in the frame. Portrait kind of crop may work better ....

Cheers

Ulli

Gus Hallgren
03-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Hi Canuck

Background is an experiment and is the back of a patio chair with a closely weaved grass fabric. I have planned to get a different fabric probably in a light blue? However, I need to look into what is available, So much to do, so little time, eh!

I too think there is too much space and think that about 1/2" off the top, or portrait as you suggested would look better

I appreciate your comments and suggestions as keen observation like yours is what I'm looking for.

I bet Halifax has sure changed since I passed through there in late '43 on my way to England as a sprog RCAF navigator to complete a tour of operations with RAF Bomber Command.

Is "Herring Chokers" still a term used in Nova Scotia?

Thank for you CC's

Uncle Gus

Gus Hallgren
03-05-2010, 09:12 PM
Well, I had taken a photo of the sky today in case I wanted another BG, so I changed backgrounds and recropped the original.

CC's warmly invited

Keep smiling

Uncle Gus

Lance Peters
03-05-2010, 09:56 PM
Hi Gus - love these little guys - agree with the comments above - Im away from home on a uncorrected screen - so not sure about colour/brightness etc.
BG would look better without the patterns competes with the little guy :)

Gus Hallgren
03-06-2010, 11:08 AM
Here's another version

Uncle Gus