PDA

View Full Version : WTP - western Treatment Plant

Lance Peters
03-05-2010, 05:02 AM
In case anyone is in the area - I intend visiting WTP (Will be there from before sunrise- off course)
Sat March 6th
Sun March 7th

How long for depends on the light - nice and overcast and Ill be there all day :)

Im driving the Black Nissan Murano with Murray Studios emblazoned on the sides (Our Studio) - do feel free to hail me down and say hello.

Next time will try and give more notice.
:)

Liz Bamber
03-08-2010, 12:03 AM
Hi Lance ... that was one ripper of a storm on Saturday. I was out at the WTP on Sunday but didn't stay too long as some of the tracks looked a little soft. I've been lurking around this forum for a while and am keen to learn. I'm a Melbourne local and so if you out there again would love to catch up...Liz

Lance Peters
03-08-2010, 12:19 AM
Hi Liz - I was out there during the storm - a little nervous to say the least -- A little lightening around - The car and I am the highest thing around and Im surrounded by water - Hmmmm.
I was out there Sunday as well from before Sunrise till about 11am - some rain still, but some good photo opportunities with some spoonbills, amongst others.
I prefer overcast days as they allow you to stay out in the field and shoot for longer, light is not so Harsh.
Tracks were wet but not too bad.

Ill let you know when I am going out there again - probably wont be for a few weeks - work commitments will keep me away for a while -ID be out there every day if I could.
What camera equipment are you using??

Liz Bamber
03-08-2010, 12:29 AM
Lance ...I saw the spoonbills and some red capped plovers down by the t-section. I've got a Nikon d300, 70-200 2.8 and a 80-400 mm. Sadly still saving for a long prime.

Liz

Lance Peters
03-08-2010, 12:38 AM
Cool - another member of the Dark side :)
If you would like to PM me your email address - I ll let you know when I am heading out there next - I tend to go at fairly short notice - depending on the weather and what s on offer out there.
WTP is quite challenging photographically getting close enough usually involves getting out amongst the grasses etc. more than happy to help you learn - how would you describe your technical capabilities at present??
Know your camera inside and out?
Understand Exposure?
Know how to use your histogram?
What if anything do you find difficult - what do you see as the things you need to learn.

Post some images in the ETL forum when you are ready.