PDA

View Full Version : Brant in Snow

Myer Bornstein
03-04-2010, 01:42 PM
Today light to moderate snow showers with wind 15-20 K. The Brant's were in their usual spot at Nelson's Beach in Plymouth MA. This image was my first try at using the clone stamp I removed 2 birds that were behind, D300S Sigma 150-500
150-500mm @ 500mm
750mm (in 35mm film)
1/1000 sec, f/8
Mode: Av
Metering: Multi-segment
Exp comp: -1
ISO: 800
AF mode: AF-C
White balance: AUTO
Flash: Off

C&C please

Lance Peters
03-04-2010, 03:51 PM
Hi Myer - Like the snow - I would add some selective sharpening to the bird only - crop a little from the bottom (A little too much negative OOF space there for my tastes) and add some canvas to the top (Feels tight)
Good try on the cloning work - can see cloning remnants around the front/rear of the neck area.

Do you have Robert O'Tooles APTATS CD??? - Shows some easy ways to use quick masks to do this work.
Looking forward to seeing more :)

Myer Bornstein
03-04-2010, 04:32 PM
Lance
Thanks for your reply I actually removed a large portion of one of the birds utilizing Robert O'Tooles APTAT Quick mask method but did want to try the clone stamp after seeing Tim Grey's video. I will adjust the crop and add canvas then repost

Alfred Forns
03-04-2010, 06:13 PM
You did well Myer !!! Lots of different way to clone things out !! At a glance nothing jumped out at me, on close inspection can see the areas Lance was talking about !!

Would highly recommend O'tooles CD !! Specific and will give you an advantage !!!

Myer Bornstein
03-04-2010, 08:18 PM
I have been Reading Artie's digital basics, photoshop CS for nature photographers O'Tooles Cd's and Tim Grey's DVD I been trying out new method to learn as much as I can. Here is the image cropped canvas added and sharpened. I wonder if I sharpened to much?