PDA

View Full Version : Yosemite Valley(Tunnel View)

James Salywoda
02-24-2008, 10:17 AM
Yosemite National Park Calif.

Taken last winter I spent a whole week waiting for some weather and the day before
I left I was rewarded with some snow and clouds the reds reflecting are the last rays of light:)

Nikon D200 Tokina 12 24

Thanks For looking
Jim

Robert Amoruso
02-24-2008, 12:35 PM
I know this view. The weather really makes this image. Soft light and those golden rays really help make the image. I like the shape which is like a bowl the lower part of the valley makes in relationship to the peaks. Like they are being served up for your enjoyment - does that make any sense.:)

Great shot, I can't see anything I would change.

Roman Kurywczak
02-24-2008, 01:10 PM
Hi Jim,
Very nicely done! Very dramatic lighting. I might be tempted to darken the clouds to add even more contrast.... but it might be a tough one to pull off.
Roman

Alfred Forns
02-24-2008, 01:29 PM
James I agree with the darkening of the clouds Would strengthen the image Agree with Robert on the bowl feel Could even go for a different corp showing more of the bowl For me the most attractive part is the upper half !!! One impressive image as presented !!!

David Kennedy
02-24-2008, 01:48 PM
James,
I also thought that it needed some overall contrast. Not quite sure if this is exactly what it needed--working with a screen-sized image is always an interesting challenge, though ;) I tried to emphasize the distance between the foreground trees and the background mountains, selectively giving them there own curves adjustment layers (and masking the parts I wanted to affect).

One critique I might offer is that the illuminated cliff on the left side of the frame ends rather abruptly, and panning to the left to include more (or perhaps all) of it might have balanced out the left and right sides a tad better.

A strong image just the same.

Gayle Clement
02-24-2008, 09:31 PM
I love this scene. I agree with Robert and love it just as it is.

gary rouleau
02-24-2008, 09:43 PM
This image is beautiful -I'm glad you waited -thanks for sharing with us. Sorry David the trees look a little too green.

David Kennedy
02-25-2008, 02:07 AM
...Sorry David the trees look a little too green.

I forgot to take off my "Velvia Goggles." :cool:

Bret Edge
02-25-2008, 09:26 AM
I'm all for the original version. I think this is one of the finest images I've seen from that location. Very moody and perfectly composed. I wouldn't change a thing and would love to see a nice big print!

Mike Dale
02-26-2008, 06:10 AM
I like it just as it is. Very nice shot.

Travis Novitsky
03-02-2008, 08:44 PM
Awesome image. The week-long wait was worth it!