PDA

View Full Version : Cursor Disappearing in PSE Text Box

Vic Berardi
03-04-2010, 07:36 AM
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and have been enjoying it for the past couple of months. Great advice from some terrific photographers here. I have a question.

For software I use PS2 on my desktop and Photoshop Elements 8 on my Mac book. I recently started adding a signature on my photos using the Text tool in PSE 8. However, when I attempted to use it again yesterday the cursor disappeared. The Layer box shows that the type was entered but it does not show up on the photo. I checked everything I could and nothing seems wrong.

Thanks for any help,
Vic Berardi

Alfred Forns
03-05-2010, 01:08 PM
Big Warm Welcome Vic

Don't use PSE but I'm sure someone will ring in !! btw have you tried it again?

David Thomasson
03-05-2010, 05:37 PM
The Layer box shows that the type was entered but it does not show up on the photo.

Howdy, Vic ...

Check to see if you have an image layer or fill layer above the text layer. If so, that will hide the text. Just drag the text layer to the top of the stack.

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/906/text1.gif

Nick Palmieri
03-05-2010, 06:46 PM
Just a quick thought. Try cranking up the font size to about 48 + and see what happens. I think there is some correlation between the actually image size and font size and a regular size font will be relatively too small.

Vic Berardi
03-05-2010, 07:59 PM
Thanks Gentlemen, I finally decided to uninstall and reinstall the program. It's working again for now but will try the things you've mentioned if I have trouble again. Appreciate the help!

Vic

David Thomasson
03-05-2010, 08:04 PM
Thanks Gentlemen, I finally decided to uninstall and reinstall the program. It's working again for now but will try the things you've mentioned if I have trouble again. Appreciate the help!

Vic

If all else fails, a less drastic remedy (than re-installing) is often to delete the Preferences file and let PS build a new one when you launch the program. Or you can pull the Prefs file out of its directory onto the desktop; if the new Prefs file doesn't solve the problem, you can restore the old one and keep all your settings.