PDA

View Full Version : September Morn

Howard Burkert
02-24-2008, 09:45 AM
This image was created on a foggy September morning, on the Madison River. The sun wasn't up yet when the image was captured.Nikon D2X, Nikon 200-400 VR on a Gitzo 1548 tripod. Exposure 1/30 sec @ f 5.6 ISO 800. I fondly remember the cold moring and the time spent with this beautiful bull.
Thanks for your comments!

Steve Canuel
02-24-2008, 10:24 AM
I like the look and feel of this one Howard. It looks a little noisy but I think it would clean up nicely with a bit of NR. I also think any loss of sharpness from the NR wouldn't really hurt this image becuase of the overall soft feeling of this pic caused by the fog. A slight tweak on levels/curves might also appeal to some.
Steve

Robert Amoruso
02-24-2008, 12:43 PM
Howard,

The attention of the bull and the leg up are pluses. The silvery water I like but there is too much in the FG. I like the grasses too, but again to much of that in the BG. Perhaps a tighter crop on the bull is needed. Steve has a good suggestion on the noise. I am using Noiseware lately and it seems well suited to this type of image in preserving detail and lessening the noise.

D. Robert Franz
02-26-2008, 10:06 AM
A very nice pose by the bull. You had some great conditins to work with here. The subject is centered in the frame I think a bit less FG would help.