PDA

View Full Version : Top News Story : BeePNogie RESCUED

Mike McCarthy
02-24-2008, 08:53 AM
BNN (Bird News Network) reports that earlier this morning under cover of darkness I.B.I.S. ( International Bird Investigation Services ) agents coordinating a rescue operation combined forces with infamous Hollywood directors Steven Spielbird and George Lucas along with other members of Industrial Light & Magic, Lucas’ special effects team to successfully rescue BeePNogie from his raptor Captors.

The rescue involved the use of a special robotic attack fish designed and built by the professionals at Lucas’ Industrial Light & Magic. The 40' fish attack robot was used to distract the Captors and the Caliosprey gang. Spielbird and Lucas say the attack fish used in the rescue was built from spare parts from the original Jaws shark. They also incorporated some parts from other Hollywood block buster movies like Raiders and American Graffiti.

While the Caliosprey gang and kidnapers were battling the 40' fish, a secret agent from the International Bird Investigation Services swooped in and rescued BeePNogie. Reports say that a special top secret agent, only known as Agent Kent flew in while the ospreys were distracted with the fish robot and carried BeePNogie off to safety.

BNN was unable to get an interview with agent Kent but they report that he is a long time agent for the I.B.I.S. and their top secret agent. Kent was born in Kansas and attended Smallville Highschool in Smallville KS. Kent later went on to the University of Kansas and later an honored graduate from the FBI. Kent was transferred to the I.B.I.S. 12 years ago and is stationed out of Germany.

The daring rescue mission took several hours to successfully extract BeePNogie from his captors. It is reported that Beep is at an undisclosed location in Florida. Beep was rescued unharmed and in good shape and spirits. Beep is currently being questioned and cared for by F.B.I and I.B.I.S. agents. It is reported Beep is in good hands and should be returned to his BPN family and friends later today.. Unfortunately the Caliosprey gang and the kidnapers escaped and their whereabouts is unknown at this time. It is feared the gang has alread headed for Italy to their home nesting site. It is doubtful that the raptor captors will be caught.

The 40' attack robotic fish distracts the captors.

http://www.pbase.com/blindmustangpilot/image/93355381.jpg

I.B.I.S. secret agent Kent saves BeePNogie from the Caliosprey gang and the raptor captors.

See Image Below, James

Undercover I.B.I.S. double secret double good twin agents interrogate BeePNogie about the kidnaping.

See Image Below, James

Bob Ettinger
02-24-2008, 10:04 AM
Great news, thanks for the update. Now that will be some interrogation :D

Harold Davis
02-24-2008, 10:11 AM
:Dlooks like BeeP is in good hands:D

Mike McCarthy
02-24-2008, 10:12 AM
:Dlooks like BeeP is in good hands:D

Do I dare say he's sitting around in the "lap of Luxury". :eek::D I actually prefer the other twins myself.. Ahhh if only I had more free time on my hands.

Maxis Gamez
02-24-2008, 10:42 AM
Dang!! hotties in da house!! :)

Arthur Morris
02-24-2008, 12:24 PM
Hey Mike. Thanks for that; it is some of the funniest stuff I have seen!

later and love, artie

Alfred Forns
02-24-2008, 01:22 PM
Mike I haven't laugh so hard in a long long long Time !!!!!! Your the Man !!!!!!

............ from the looks of things Beep might be staying there for a while .. Seems to like his company :D:D:D:cool:

Mike McCarthy
02-24-2008, 01:37 PM
Thanks Artie and Alfred. Glad you got a chuckle. Hope everyone enjoyed the too much time on my hands. :-P

Judy Lynn Malloch
02-24-2008, 04:44 PM
Not only are you avery talented photographer but anincredible author as well. Great story with tons of laughs and best of all Beep looks like he is in good or should I say lovely hands. Thanks so much for all your time and effort Mike !! Loved it all !!!!!!!

Mike McCarthy
02-24-2008, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the kind words Judy Lynn. Nice of you to say....and glad youi enjoyed the "adventures of Beep". Credit needs to be sent Fabs and Als way as they actually started this all. I just hijacked their posts and went a little birdy with it. :-) I was so bad I think those secret agent twins need to spank me or tie me up. *-)

James Shadle
02-24-2008, 08:17 PM
From Mike,

James Shadle
02-24-2008, 08:24 PM
Mike,
Very cool stuff!

Mike, we only allow one image per post.
When you want to post a series of images, just post the first one and then the following images as replies.
Thanks and please keep the funny stuff coming!

James the party pooper.

George DeCamp
02-24-2008, 09:32 PM
Hope they send them all to Guantanamo! :eek:

Dean Ingwersen
02-24-2008, 09:50 PM
Great work Mike...if that's what an interrogation involves I'm off to do something naughty!! ;)

Judd Patterson
02-24-2008, 09:55 PM
These are awesome, Mike! Gotta love I.B.I.S. secret agent Kent and the girls. :D

Mike McCarthy
02-24-2008, 10:16 PM
James....man. What did you do to the cohesiveness of the story? It's confusing now. You moved the images out of order and didn't even include the text with them. Any way to get them back in order...even if it's 3 posts in a row, rather than having the additional images down at the end of the posts ? This is confusing...and the images kind of went with the text and captions.
I see you posted a note directing folks down here...but still kind of confusing. What's the reasoning behind the single image to post ? Not being difficult, just curious as to the reasong behind this. Just trying to avoid being a post Ho. *-)
Thanks.

Thanks to all for the kind words. Hope you enjoyed the sillyness.

Mike

Blake Shadle
02-25-2008, 11:24 AM
Hi Mike, great stuff. Gave me a good laugh. I think Lord Vader gave his reason here:

Mike, we only allow one image per post.
When you want to post a series of images, just post the first one and then the following images as replies.

Mike McCarthy
02-25-2008, 12:07 PM
Thanks Blake. I wasn't questioning anyone's authority or rules they made... I was wondering why only one image is allowed per post. "Because I said so" isn't really the depth of answer I was looking for. 8-) I can see this making sense in the crit forums...where multiple images would make leaving comments difficult and perhaps overwhellming...but in this case...where a story was being told with images to match, hardly seems to cause such problems. If it's a site issue with size and/or speed...?? Just curious...Running images together sometimes, when telling a story, make the flow go smoother, rather than linking several different posts together. Does this cause issues with the server for some reason? I'm more use to the forums that pretty much let you go nuts on your image posting as long as it's in a single post. They try to limit the number of posts per user so the main page isn't taken over by just a few posters. Just wonderin'.

http://www.pbase.com/blindmustangpilot/image/45881429.jpg

Blake Shadle
02-25-2008, 12:33 PM
Because I said so ;) Actually the application of the rule and it's definition in our guidlines might need to change. The confusion is in the word "post". It really should say, only one image per thread. And only one thread can be created per 24 hour period per forum. What if someone decided to write a story and include 20 images, each at 150KB... The load time of the page would be very slow, and irritating. Would 5 be ok? Or maybe 3? Instead of creating the confusion of having to determine on a case by case basis how many images is too many, we've limited it to one image per thread per 24 hours. We're doing our best to be consistant in our application of these rules. I'll be talking to the owners group about this rule and it's application.

David Lowell
02-25-2008, 04:48 PM
Ok, but why didn't your father contact the poster so the change could have been accomplished in a manner that would have left the story in tact? Being the head person sometimes means using your power responsibly!

Blake Shadle
02-25-2008, 04:56 PM
I'll ask him, David.

Being the head person sometimes means using your power responsibly!

Was that from the SpiderMan movie?

Alfred Forns
02-25-2008, 05:18 PM
BeePNogies Rescue has created a peculiar situation and I'm glad he is safe and sound

I understand your concern regarding a story At this time we are not set up for developing stories There is a possibility we might start an essay forum with a fix number of images you can post Might be in the order of four or five Nothing has been talked about or set Will keep you informed

We do apologize for any inconvenience regarding part of the daring rescue being blacked out There could be a possibility of putting all together in one thread Appreciated your understanding

Jim Poor
02-26-2008, 07:57 AM
I think an essay forum would be a great idea for several reasons. First, it could have a humor section for items like this, and second, part of a photography education should include writing for publication.

An area for members to write an article or short essay supported by photographs for others to critique would be a wonderful idea IMO.