PDA

View Full Version : Tufted Duck

Markus Jais
03-03-2010, 03:43 PM
Nymphenburger Park, Munich

EOS 7D, 4/500L, 1/2500, ISO 160, f4

I love Tufted Ducks. They are cute.

I clowned out 3 very small water drops that looked like dust in the downsized image.

The sun was already low so the contrasts weren't too strong. This is often a problem with males from this species.

Markus

Matthew Studebaker
03-03-2010, 04:08 PM
Good timing on the wing flap. Decent low angle and detail. I am seeing some loss in detail on the white chest. I also wish there was just a bit more room beyond the wingtips as they get pretty close to the edge here.

Axel Hildebrandt
03-03-2010, 06:03 PM
I like the pose, angle and sharpness. I might crop a bit off the bottom and give it more room left and right. Does it need a tad CW rotation? I might tone down the whites a bit more. Amazing that there is so much motion blur at this shutter speed, I guess you could have raised the ISO a bit more. I don't think there is an advantage using ISO 160 over 200.

Dave Leroy
03-03-2010, 06:09 PM
To my eye this looks very similiar to our Greater Scaup.
I like the hint of green in the head.
If mine I may try a bit of crop off the bottom, and although tight, I don't mind the sides.
Nice and sharp on body and head as well.
Dave

Aidan Briggs
03-03-2010, 07:11 PM
I agree with the above comments and would add that there is a halo around the head. Selectively sharpening the image instead of sharpening the whole image should help.