PDA

View Full Version : How to determine ...

Frank Gruber
03-02-2010, 04:50 PM
if an image is sharp or not.
I am using Breeze Browser for sorting out my images. One rejection reason is leaking sharpness. But to my knowledge BB does not support viewing an image at 100%. So sharpness can just be juged in Photoshop!?

What are other ways to determine if an image is sharp?
At what step in the workflow can this then be done?

Regards

Frank

Desmond Chan
03-02-2010, 09:20 PM
if an image is sharp or not.

How about your eyes ?

If you eyes cannot tell you, nothing else matters.

Frank Gruber
03-03-2010, 04:46 PM
Well,

my question still is when in the digital workflow sharpness of an imgae is juged on?
To be more precise before or after converting the raw file and what kind of tool is being used?

Thanks

Dave Leroy
03-03-2010, 05:33 PM
Hi Frank,

I also use BB. When I do my initial look at photos it is in BB and I have the High Quality ticked on under View. This applies some sharpening to the image.
If I have a couple shots of the same subject then I will also turn on the Magnifier also under view. I am not sure if this gets to 100% or not but it helps me.
It is at this stage of editing that i sort out if an image is sharp or not. No sense for me to be spending time on an questionable or unsharp photo file. I delete anything questionable.
It has taken me a bit of time to be able to use these tools and my eyes to tell if an image is acceptable sharp, and I am still learning.

Good Luck, Dave

Frank Gruber
03-05-2010, 04:02 PM
I tried Capture One. And to what I can say this tool shows a 100% view with "automatic" sharpening. This truly means a way of sorting out images which are not sharp, before ;) converting a raw image into a "TIF" image. I still wonder how the Pro's do it?

Regards

Frank