PDA

View Full Version : Spider with Lunch

adcolon
02-24-2008, 04:44 AM
This is a Salticidae Sp. Spider at the University of Puerto Rico's Botanical Gardens. The fly/lunch species in not known.

Canon XTi, Canon MP-65 with macro flash, ISO 100, f/11 at 1/250 sec., handheld.

Roman Kurywczak
02-24-2008, 04:10 PM
Hi (??? You didn't post your name),
Very nice action/nature story in this one. I just wish that you had more DOF for my tastes. By using a higher ISO, around 400, you would been able to go up to f22 handheld. At f16 and the same ISO, your BG would also be a little lighter and not black. You may be able to pull it up with Shadow/highlight in that area. Some people also don't like the multiple flashes in the eye but since I use the same flash.........most of the time it doesn't bother me. Great choice of specimen and action.
Roman

Robert O'Toole
02-24-2008, 09:08 PM
Hi (??? You didn't post your name),
Very nice action/nature story in this one. I just wish that you had more DOF for my tastes. By using a higher ISO, around 400, you would been able to go up to f22 handheld. At f16 and the same ISO, your BG would also be a little lighter and not black. You may be able to pull it up with Shadow/highlight in that area. Some people also don't like the multiple flashes in the eye but since I use the same flash.........most of the time it doesn't bother me. Great choice of specimen and action.
Roman

Very good critique Roman.

I wouldnt recomment S/H though, it sometimes kills the mid tone contrast and make is look flat and "muddy".

I believe the OP's name is A.D. Colon, bu tno idea what the initials stand for.

Robert

Jeroen Stel
02-25-2008, 05:54 AM
Great shot with some interesting action going on!
Just enough DOF where it counts and when you would sharpen this just a tad more i think you have a wonderful shot!

Well done!

Greetings,

Jeroen Stel

Mike Moats
02-25-2008, 09:44 PM
Hey adcolon, very cool image, great details where it counts.