PDA

View Full Version : Loch Etive, Scotland

Dan Wolin
03-02-2010, 09:50 AM
This image is from my first trip to Scotand and was from the Glencoe region which is worth a trip. When we came to the end of the Glen, we were greeted with a perfectly still loch. This scene lasted about 5 minutes and then the wind picked up and it was gone. This is a 4 image pano, stitched together in Photoshop. Some local adjustments were made on the background mountains. It looks really nice printed big.

MKIII, 24-70 2.8, tripod, f11

Dave Mills
03-02-2010, 10:42 AM
Hi Dan, I know why it would look nice printed large...because it's a beautiful image. Most importantly warm light,well composed and a sharp reflection. Just enough sky to add interest and I like the fact the mountain peak is offset....well handled!

Roman Kurywczak
03-02-2010, 08:31 PM
Hey Dan,
What Dave said!!! All kidding aside.....he is correct.....the size restriction here doesn't allow us to fully appreciate this......very nicely composed and great light! Not much more needed for a scene as nice as this! Great job on the stitiching too.

Connie Mier
03-03-2010, 07:18 PM
A beautiful scene from a beautiful country. The diffuse light is pleasing. Glad you were able to capture this with such calm waters.