PDA

View Full Version : Boynton Inlet Update

Harold Davis
03-01-2010, 05:31 PM
went out there yesterday afternoon and the weather was great. lots of construction going on on the jetty piers, but nothing that affected the birds or the beach. a few ring-billed gulls, some laughing gulls, three of the tamest royal terns i ever met. i had long conversations with one of them!! full frame head images at 300mm. one sanderling and 12-20 ruddy turnstones that are usually accountable to that location. the low tide seemed to hold them in the area. they started getting spread out as the tide came in. there are some pelicans in that area that have some great breeding colors right now. if you catch someone cleaning fish in the park they will flock for the scraps!!

the east coast seems to take a bad wrap with shorebirds. there are a few around and if anyone else has any locations please chime in!!!

Milt Berko
03-01-2010, 10:41 PM
Harold, I live west of Lake Worth and have never been to the Boynton Inlet. I would like to go there and, if you could, give me directions to the area you describe. Greatly appreciated.

Harold Davis
03-02-2010, 06:25 PM
hi milt, it's on A1A between lake worth and boynton beach. cant miss it. it's the only bridge. parking is on the southwest side of the bridge.

Milt Berko
03-02-2010, 06:35 PM
Harold, many thanks. I appreciate it.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Don Lacy
03-03-2010, 09:50 AM
Hi Harold when the bait schools are in the Jupiter Inlet can be rocking at low tide with pelican, Gull, and Terns diving on them, plus it also has a resident population of Ruddys.