PDA

View Full Version : Craig's Hut

DanielTMiller
03-01-2010, 01:12 AM
This has got to be one of the most beautiful spots in Victoria, really quiet and beautiful scenery. This was taken on the weekend, we've been camping up there a bit before but never with my camera, pretty happy with this shot, I had to downsize it for the web a fair bit so I hope it's okay.

Thanks for looking.

3 shot Panorama.

Nikon D60
18-55 VR
18mm
f10
Not sure on shutter speed; EXIF is not showing it.

http://danieltmiller.smugmug.com/Daniels-Photos/Landscapes/Mountains-and-Hills/SMALLER/799676886_Pw8r6-X2.jpg

Thanaboon Jearkjirm
03-01-2010, 06:50 AM
Love the serene relax mood in this one, the pink/purple color is also soothing. Like how you have the plain of glass in the foreground and sea of mountains in the back, sure like to be there. Somehow the tiny tree with the white spot on top (on the left side of the image) keep drawing my eye to it, not sure what is it though.

Dave Mills
03-01-2010, 09:51 AM
Hi Daniel, Nice job in stitching the pano. The fence is acting as a strong leading line and also dividing the comp 1/3-2/3rds which is a good balance. The image appears well suited for a pano crop! When I first saw the image I felt it was too pink overall but it's starting to grow on me. I would take out the dust bunnies on top...

Bob Miller
03-01-2010, 10:51 AM
Hi Daniel...This photo really has a a peaceful mood and stillnes to it. I like it alot....especially the colors, and the framing and the greens in the foreground. Wish I could be there!

DanielTMiller
03-01-2010, 03:30 PM
Thankyou for the replies, glad you like it, I didn't notice that white spot but that's actually another photographer, I'll do some cloning.

Might mention that this is straight out of the camera, no PP apart from the stitch.

Alfred Forns
03-01-2010, 04:02 PM
Hi Daniel Great suggestions Might also try adding some black to the neutral channel in selective color, should make a subtle difference I like it a lot Excellent feel !!!

Harold Davis
03-01-2010, 05:02 PM
i was thinking the same thing!! adding a little blacks to the neutrals might actually layer the mountains even more providing depth. agree with the others...peaceful and serene. well done with the stitch job. just clean up the bunnies!!!