PDA

View Full Version : Big Bend

Jeff Parker
02-28-2010, 09:06 PM
5D, 28-135mm @ 30mm, 1/8sec, f/20, ISO 200

Another landscape attempt from my Big Bend trip.

Dave Mills
02-28-2010, 11:12 PM
Hi Jeff,You saw an interesting composition with the plant and the rock formations. Presently, the plant is so dominant it's hard for the eye to get past it. I would recommend to have foreground elements be an area of interest within the image but not dominate. I would have moved back so the plant was smaller in the frame yet gave a point of interest in the FG. Light is everything in photography and those 3 peaks lit as the one on the left would have strengthened the image.

Roman Kurywczak
03-01-2010, 09:52 AM
Hey Jeff,
I will offer yet another option for a possible solution on your next time out.....try getting the cactus in more even lighting......perhaps an hour earlier so that it had some decent light on it but the sun was still low enough to cast some shadows on the mountains and plant to add depth. Worth re-visiting locations often in different light.

Robert Amoruso
03-02-2010, 08:33 AM
I like the composition and that plant is really cooling looking. Comp-wise the plant mimics the mountain well with the upshooting leaves and the peaks doing the same. Agree with Roman, the all shade lessens the impact of the composition.