PDA

View Full Version : Family Tree

Bill McCrystyn
02-23-2008, 08:51 PM
20D 100-400L IS @ ISO400 F/8 1/70 AVERAGE HANDHELD

Rarely do I take landscape, in fact this is my only one. The dusk was just coming on and the curve and twist of the wind blow trees with the hundreds of little branches for detail just struck me in a relaxing way.

John Cooper
02-24-2008, 03:59 AM
A colourful & interesting sky seen between the multiple branches here Bill.
A lot of halo formations around the the branches, possibly from too much USM or other prcessing techniques.

Robert Amoruso
02-24-2008, 08:13 AM
Good idea Bill and it works well. The tangle of branches against the sunset is a hard one to make sense out of. I would have imcluded a bit more room onthe left and right to include the trunks of the trees.

Go to the bottom of this thread for Artie's post on making small JPGs.
http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=839

Bill McCrystyn
02-24-2008, 10:19 AM
Thank you gentleman, I will rework it from scratch and see what happens. It was one of the first images captured and PSed when I went digital. I do have the trunks in the original capture and my PS skills heve greatly improved since then.Now that I look at it, I'm wondering if a verticle would work. I'll be back.

Bill McCrystyn
02-24-2008, 12:46 PM
Ok, a couple differant looks. Hope this is better.Here is a verticle and horizontal rework below.

Bill McCrystyn
02-24-2008, 12:51 PM
I know so much of this is all subjective but I want to know which version you prefer and why. A continuing critique is appreciated.

Robert Amoruso
02-24-2008, 01:01 PM
Hi Bill,

Got your PM. Thanks and glad to come take another look.

The Horizontal Version: The JPG quality has improved greatly. I like how you added a bit more room on the left and right as I am no longer wondering about the branches coming in from the sides.

The Vertical Version: THIS IS GREAT. The horizontal version is a bit confusing though I liked the diagonals in it. In the vertical you went right for that part of the image. The diagonals are very strong and continue right from the bottom to the top. Most excellent and well seen possibility. I love it.

Bill McCrystyn
02-24-2008, 02:57 PM
Thanks so much. We are in agreement. I think I have a new print rolling off the old R-1800. :)

John Cooper
02-24-2008, 06:48 PM
I know so much of this is all subjective but I want to know which version you prefer and why. A continuing critique is appreciated.

Thanks Bill for your message regarding repost.
Yes I agree with Robert, the vertical format showing the digaonal brances here works very well, and a big improvement on the original post - Top job !!!