PDA

View Full Version : baby snail kite with BG adjustment

susanschermer
02-27-2010, 02:23 PM
PP: I have been experimenting with "Topaz Simplify" on images with busy BGs. I posted one yesterday in the "Out-of-the-box" forum, but decided that it was legitimate to post one on the bird forum.

The plug-in seems to be worth using to save some otherwise messy looking images. I made a BG copy, used the filter then erased over the subject to bring back the detail. What do you think about it?

Randy Stout
02-27-2010, 02:50 PM
Susan:

An attractive image, but I think the Topaz effect removes it from the the realm of straight images. I know, it is a very grey area/line, because of all the post we sometimes do, but the effect doesn't look quite natural, cool, but not 'normal'

The large leaf in the LLC is a bit distracting, and toning it down would help for me.

Thanks!

Randy

Don Lacy
02-27-2010, 03:54 PM
hi suzan, really nice pose but i find the large leaf in the LLC a bit to distracting and competing with the Snail Kite for my attention.

Nicki Gwynn Jones
02-27-2010, 04:20 PM
Hi Susan,
I'm not totally convinced by the BG either - the area in front of the bird doesn't look quite right. Such a pretty bird though and a great pose.
Best,
Nicki

Judy Lynn Malloch
02-27-2010, 07:55 PM
Susan I love the open wings in this image and what a thrill it must have been to see the baby. Many thanks for shring. I am not familiar with Topaz simplify so will not comment.