PDA

View Full Version : Frustration at Sultanpur

Richard Stern
02-27-2010, 01:02 PM
This was the scene at Sultanpur N.P., near Delhi, the morning we went there recently, and heard (but couldn't see) all sorts of neat birds, including Sarus and Common Cranes, and many Shorebirds and Waterfowl. The fog was so thick that morning that many flights in and out of Delhi Airport, as well as trains, were canceled or delayed. Reminded me of June here in Nova Scotia!

Panasonic ZS3 p&s.

Richard

Harshad Barve
02-27-2010, 09:59 PM
Winter fogs in North India is one thing to experience in life , I remember I could not see man standing 10 feet away from me in New Delhi last year, Sad that you could not see more birds
TFS

Alfred Forns
03-01-2010, 02:43 PM
Hi Richard ... you should have been right at home :) Can remember being in the parking area of Telegraph Hill and not being able to see a double decker red bus twenty feet away !!!

Katherine Enns
03-16-2010, 06:34 PM
Ouch! That has to hurt. Like your Nova Scotia, we get similar dense dark fogs in the West Kootenay BC mountains a lot, and our approach is to go up to the cloud line and try and shoot something in half mist half sun, but it is not so easy as all that. My condolences, I hope some day to go to India....

I am supposed to be in Turkey right now, but had to cancel. Boo hoo.

kat