PDA

View Full Version : Bumble bee on cone flower

Keith Kennedy
02-23-2008, 06:11 PM
I was trying to capture an 'eye level' perspective with this image of a bumble bee foraging for pollen on a cone flower. I wish I had stopped down a bit more for the insect but I was striving for a pleasant OOF BG.

Canon 180mm f/3.5 L and Canon EOS D60; 1/160s at f10; ISO 100; AV/Evaluative metering =0;Bogen tripod

John Cooper
02-23-2008, 08:10 PM
An unusual perspective captured here Keith showing details above and below the petals. Yes more DOF would give the bee more impact but still a pleasent composition.

Robert O'Toole
02-23-2008, 09:18 PM
Really like this different view of a commonly photographed subjects. The BG is beautifully smooth and really colorful.

I like this image as is but I would have loved to see the edges of the flower petals, maybe with a 90 TS/E would could have shifted and made a pano stich macro :)

Also one last thing the highlights see a little hot on my PC screen.

Roberft

Keith Kennedy
02-23-2008, 10:47 PM
Robert, your suggestion of a pano is a good one. I may try to reproduce this image this coming summer with that in mind. And you are correct, there are a few small hot spots but my excuse is that I took it 5 years ago before my BAA education:)

Keith

Jeroen Stel
02-25-2008, 05:59 AM
Great POV and indeed turning this into a pano would really lay the emphasis on the subject.
Well done!

Greetings,

Jeroen Stel

Mike Moats
02-25-2008, 09:43 PM
Hey Keith very well done. Love the details and great colors.