PDA

View Full Version : Curved-bill Thrasher on Night blooming Cereus

Gus Hallgren
02-26-2010, 08:18 PM
Hi Folks:

Caught this rascal perched on our Night bloomong cerus ready to attack the feeder for a morning snack in our garden.

CC's invited & appreciated

Best reg'srds

Uncle Gus

Olympus E-620, Zuiko 70 - 300 mm @ 400
AP: F/5.6, 1/500s, ISO 200, 0.00eV, Auto WB

Bob Miller
02-26-2010, 08:40 PM
Hi Gus! Nice capture! I like the feather detail and the simple bakground but the eye looks strange to me. ( oversharpened?). Also the upper left patch of blue draws my eye out of the frame too easily.

Kurtis Diffenbaugh
02-27-2010, 12:21 AM
Good photo Gus, I really like green cerus background.

I'm still learning but as far as CC's: I agree with Bob about the blue, I really like the green and the blue slightly distracts; the photo appears to be a little over-sharpened; and ideally I would prefer to have more of a side profile of the thrashers head (though our subjects are not always the most cooperative things); maybe a tad bit more DOF also?

Overall though I think it's nice photo and really like the green background with the brown subject. Another nice part is that it sounds like you don't have to go far to get more pictures.

Harold Davis
02-27-2010, 11:46 AM
the eye does look oversharpened and that blue pulls your eye right away from the bird. i know you know how to fix that!! good looking bird, UG!!!

Gus Hallgren
02-27-2010, 12:53 PM
OK Guys, you're right on the money . . . bit of eye surgery by replacing original eye with NO sharpening and clone out the corner and replaced borders.

Hbpe it meets with your approval?

Keep smiling

Uncle Gus

Jackie Schuknecht
03-01-2010, 12:59 PM
Good repost Gus, good eye Harold.

Gus Hallgren
03-01-2010, 04:15 PM
Hi folks

Thank you for all your kind comments;

Very much appreciated

Uncle Gus