PDA

View Full Version : My first post

Tech1961
02-26-2010, 07:31 PM
A Tufted Titmouse taken at a local park here in S.E. Texas.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4048/4383479989_9878348773_b.jpg

Mike Godwin
02-26-2010, 08:04 PM
Very nice first post of a beautiful little bird. Detail, exposure, and depth of field all works well. Might be tight for some folks composition-wise... but I like them tight. I would have wished for a better angle, but I know how hard these guys can be to capture. One thing you should include in future posts is the tech details, will help in the critique and learning process. Nice job!

Tech1961
02-26-2010, 08:30 PM
Thanks Mike I appreciate the input and I will be sure to list my settings next time. You are right about the speed of these little guys. I had many blank areas where the bird once was. lol

Alfred Forns
02-26-2010, 08:47 PM
Big Warm Welcome to BPN

Bird is sharp and well exposed with a fine head angle.

Would like seeing more room around the bird particularly around the tail section, they just look more attractive with the proper space !! Angle wise is tough down at little birds. Bg on the right side is eye catching and detracts from image, can tone down a little make a difference ..... look at left and right side of image!!!

As noted tech settings are important for helping out with critiques, looking forward to the next one !!!! ... btw sent PM for name changing, we all use real names !!!

Doug Brown
02-27-2010, 12:26 AM
Welcome to BPN! Beautiful sharpness and a exposure. Eye contact is good. A lower angle would have helped, as pointed out above. I don't mind the tight crop, but I'd probably add a little canvas on the right. Would also tone down the BG a bit.

Julie Brown
02-27-2010, 11:14 AM
Beautiful capture of a cute, familiar bird. Although I like tight crops as well, agree that you could use more room behind the tail.:)