Canon 40D
100-400L
400mm
ISO 400
f/5.6
1/60s
Handheld
Flash

This was taken in Costa Rica in thick bush and low light. I know the HA isn't ideal and its not the best but I was happy to get this image. All C&Cs welcome.

Roman Kurywczak
02-26-2010, 05:08 PM
Hey Jim,
I'll let the HA police get you on that but the pose and BG are terrific! A ahir more light on the body perhaps? Love that you captured the tail shape. Considering the specs too....very well done!

paul leverington
02-26-2010, 06:32 PM
Very beautiful Jim! I really like it. Looking at the head color I wonder if that is picking up some grren cast frome the forest and if you could reduce that effect on the bird he might then sparkle a bit more and be set off against the bg better. You have already--I have no idea--just a thought. I'm not so bad with the HA.

Paul

Bonnie Block
02-26-2010, 11:26 PM
Yes, I'd be happy to have this too.--what an interesting bird.
Good job in low light --handheld. Maybe a bit brighter?

Bryan Hix
02-27-2010, 06:10 PM
Jim, I like this and I am sure you were limited with where you could place the camera for this shot. I agree with Bonnie that you could lighten the image and maybe bring out some of the shadows a bit. Nice job!:)

Juan Carlos Vindas
02-27-2010, 08:53 PM
Nice one. Love the dirty beak, was this bird close to its nest? Agree about the HA and may be a bit high but the moss on the perch is very welcome.

Ignacio Yufera
02-28-2010, 04:00 AM
Rainforest bird photography is HARD, and this is a great one. Just getting the bird so clean and with a nice BG deserves congrats. HA doesn't bother me, but I agree that the image could use a little brightening.

Harshad Barve
02-28-2010, 09:58 PM
Rainforest bird photography is HARD, and this is a great one. Just getting the bird so clean and with a nice BG deserves congrats. HA doesn't bother me, but I agree that the image could use a little brightening.

+ 1 Here ,
TFS