PDA

View Full Version : Sunrise over the Plains

Roman Kurywczak
02-26-2010, 01:25 PM
Another landscape image from my Tanzania trip. Tough to position yourself with a vehicle! We had a bit of early fog this day......tried to keep the feel and not boost the contrast too much. I did hand hold the split ND to keep some FG detail. I debated a crop off the top......to more of a pano.....but then it leads to an almost 50/50 split. I don't mind it, and my preference is for the pano but would appreciate your thoughts on this.
Canon 1D Mark lll with the 100-400mm lens at 180mm for 1/400 sec @ f8 and ISO 800.....resting on bean bag and split ND filter hand held in fron of lens.

Dave Mills
02-26-2010, 03:30 PM
Roman, I like the idea of cropping this into a pano also. I would take out most of the brighter area of the sky.
The sun position in the frame is well handled along with the layers of trees. I like the look of the darker trees which turns into a foreground

D. Robert Franz
02-26-2010, 06:14 PM
Lovely sunrise, pano would work for sure. Looks like you had a great trip....

denise ippolito
02-27-2010, 07:33 AM
Roman, I like it as presented. I'm not a big fan of pano crops so that may be why. The colors in the sky and the mood are lovely.:)

Robert Amoruso
03-02-2010, 09:17 AM
Good use of layers (atmospheric affect from FG to BG) to impart depth in the image.