PDA

View Full Version : End of the world!!!

Roman Kurywczak
02-25-2010, 10:17 PM
AS you can see I went to outer space today......well at least online.....I printed a NASA space image of the northern hemisphere (they let you....as long as you give them credit)....placed it under my water filled tray.....old sprite 2 liter bottle hung from rafter with pin hole.......100's of attempts......some cool results!!! Can you tell it's snowing in NJ and I'm bored.....so playing! Decided to destroy planet earth! Tonight I went to mercury!:eek:
Canon 1D Mark lll with the Sigma 180mm macro and the MT24 twin lights at 1/32 power and a canon 580EZ as 3rd slave also at 1/32 power at f 22 and 1/200 sec at ISO 400. cropped all around for comp.
Just hearing REM.....it's the end of the world as we know it......

Harshad Barve
02-25-2010, 10:23 PM
Mission destroy plant Earth achieved Roman:D , flying water drops and circle formed by drop is just too good
TFS

Vida van der Walt
02-26-2010, 01:28 AM
Just because you are having bad weather is no reason to destroy all of us here on planet earth Roman!;):D Love this creative image, the great shape of the water splash as well as the reflection inside the splash. Roman, mercury as in planet Mercury or drops of mercury? It makes me wonder what the splash of a drop of mercury will look like.:)

denise ippolito
02-26-2010, 04:33 AM
Roman, Really cool look. I love the way it is at the corner of the Earth. The Globe inside the water drop is a great look. More snow :eek:. Looking forward to more of your creative work:)

Ken Childs
02-26-2010, 08:14 AM
Mwaa ha ha!
South America is doomed!

Great concept and execution.

Jerry van Dijk
02-26-2010, 08:52 AM
Arggh :eek:! No wonder I woke up with a headache!
Very nice and creative idea! I keep wondering whether the image would improve if the globe wasn't OOF. It bothers me that it isn't, but I'm not sure whether it is technically possible with your setup to get it IF and if it is possible whether it wouldn't destroy the great capture of the splash impact.
Please watch out with that mercury. It's highly toxic to both the environment and yourself! Supposedly it makes you quite mad if you handle it a lot, not to mention skin deterioration.....

Roman Kurywczak
02-26-2010, 10:17 AM
......Please watch out with that mercury. It's highly toxic to both the environment and yourself! Supposedly it makes you quite mad if you handle it a lot, not to mention skin deterioration.....
Thanks all.....will post a different one with shock waves later. Will work on a different angle to see if I can get it Jerry.....doubt it because of the water depth.
As for the Mercury.....no worries.....just looks like Mercury!!! Way too dangerous to play around with for real.....will post that later today or tomorrow morning!

Stuart Frohm
02-26-2010, 10:34 AM
This is very creative, well done and photographically thought-provoking.
Thanks very much for posting it and explaining your process.

Adrian David
02-26-2010, 10:42 AM
I love it! Very creative indeed!!!

Dave Mills
02-26-2010, 11:56 AM
Hey Roman...it's great that your always pushing the envelope. An interesting and highly creative image...

Charles Wesley
02-26-2010, 06:57 PM
Roman,

Harold Edgerton would be proud of your image. Like the coronet.
Thanks for sharing.....

Julie Kenward
02-27-2010, 09:08 AM
Hey, Roman...neat! I think we should also copy these images to OOTB as they really are some unusual techniques you go to get these and I'm sure they'd all love to see them.

Roman Kurywczak
02-27-2010, 09:18 AM
Thanks All! Jules, I'll put a different one in there......& put mercury here in a few!

Christopher Miller
02-27-2010, 10:34 PM
Very cool idea, Roman, and I love the result! :) Excellent work!