PDA

View Full Version : Chukkar

Mike Robinson
02-25-2010, 09:16 PM
I found a group of chukkars feeding beside the road but was unable to get any good images. I drove ahead of them, bailed out of the car and slid 30 feet down the embankment on my belly and lay still and waited. In a few minutes the curious birds came along. By not moving at all I was able to get several shots before they melted away.

Canon 1DM3, 500 f4IS + 1.4TC2, f7.1 @ 1/250, handheld. +1 1/3EV

NoahGaines
02-25-2010, 10:57 PM
I love everything about the bird (light, HA, pose) but the distractions detract from this shot. The sticks coming out of the birds head NEED to go. THe three in front of the bird are ok. The oof red thing that cuts across the bird is distracting (I could not get rid of it though).

Floris van Breugel
02-25-2010, 10:58 PM
The warm light and combination of the portrait style close up and just enough environment really makes this one for me.

Tony Whitehead
02-26-2010, 02:27 PM
Love the story, colours and comp, Mike. Agree on clean up the sprouts from the head and you could probably reduce the impact of the OOF red strand but I would be happy to have this one.

Jim Crosswell
02-26-2010, 03:47 PM
I like the environment you captured in this image. I agree with removing some of the OOF bits. Well done!

Fabs Forns
02-26-2010, 09:12 PM
That is one good looking bird, mate, really beautiful habitat too. I may be tempted to clone the one prominent blade of grass sticking out of hie head, The rest is nature :)
Wanna share some Moose Drool?????

Alfred Forns
02-27-2010, 01:01 PM
Hi Mike Sweet image !!! Love the overall feel !! Would go after the one blade Fabs suggested !!!

Can't wait to get up there to re supply with the Moose Drool :)