PDA

View Full Version : Orchids

Ed Vatza
02-25-2010, 05:20 PM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s1/EdV_02/1002_LongwoodGardensLensbaby_020-1-.jpg

Guess this belongs here.

Lensbaby with Soft Focus Optic; processed with Nik Viveza 2, Glamour Glow in Color Efex Pro and then at the last second, I decided to add a pass of sharpening with Sharpener Pro. That may be a bit unusual... sharpening an image that was made with a soft focus optic and processed with Glamour Glow but I liked the way it came out - more detail in the petals and the soft focus halo. I don't know. What do you think?

Gerry Sibell
02-25-2010, 08:21 PM
Really like how the black b/g brings out the colors of the subject, Ed. It looks like you know your way around with the Lensbaby!

Gerry

denise ippolito
02-25-2010, 08:42 PM
Ed, Nice looking soft focus. The halo is a tiny bit large in a couple of areas. The bloom seems a tiny bit tight on the bottom. I love the colors.

Christopher Miller
02-25-2010, 08:50 PM
Very nice, Ed. The soft focus, black BG, and beautiful colors make it a lovely photo. :)

Patti Edens
02-26-2010, 09:24 PM
Ed, I love the colors, the background and I think the amount of sharpening is just perfect. This is a very beautiful image. The green wisp in the upper right does distract me a bit.

Patti

Julie Kenward
02-27-2010, 09:28 AM
Beautiful image with the bright colors against the black BG but the halos on the two left flowers and the buds do seem a bit strong. Lovely composition - might give it a tiny bit more room at the bottom for that bottom bud.