PDA

View Full Version : Spring Break concerns

Jim Buescher
02-25-2010, 11:51 AM
I'm planning on coming down to Florida in March sometime for bird photography and was concerned about Spring Break. When does Spring Break occur and does it affect the usual birding hot spots and nearby motels? How about traffic? I plan on visiting MINWR and Viera on the east, then Little Estero, Bunche, Sanibel, etc. on the Gulf. I'm flexible on my time so I can plan a trip before or after Spring Break if it will cause some problems. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

Filemon Lopez
02-26-2010, 06:37 AM
Jim, Springbreak is a non-event for bird photographers. You should be fine going to the places you are planning on visiting. Enjoy!

Filemon

AJ Witt
02-26-2010, 08:29 AM
Yeah, I agree, you should be fine.

As long as you stay away from Daytona in early March for Bike Week and Pensacola for the Spring Breakers you should be fine.

The youngin's have no interest in Melbourne or Ft Myers area.

Jim Buescher
02-26-2010, 09:10 AM
I thought I should be OK at the areas I was going but I haven't been to Fla. during Spring Break in many years. Just wanted to make sure I could get into a bar and a motel with no problem after a long day of shooting.;)

Thanks for the replies.

Harold Davis
02-26-2010, 03:59 PM
jim, as long as you arent staying in a hotel on the beach you will be just fine. come on down and enjoy!!