PDA

View Full Version : Yes, I'm Calling You!

Milt Berko
02-24-2010, 07:01 PM
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_4NLShXXBD1g/S4R0aDr3IrI/AAAAAAABkF4/XmOgJEwvfs4/s800/P2237979.JPG

I was at Wakodaatchee Wetlands yesterday on a cloudy day and saw some movement on the boardwalk railing. It was this Red-winged Blackbird who stopped long enough for me to capture this image.

Olympus E-30
50-200mm lens
EC-14 TC
ISO 200
Aperture Priority
1/50 sec.
f/6.3
EV +0.30
Matrix Metering
283mm

Alfred Forns
02-24-2010, 07:09 PM
Hi Milt Always nice finding these guys at Waco and normally cooperate !! They should be getting more numerous and in breeding plumage !!

Would like you using a higher shutter speed since its difficult making a sharp image even with a tripod ! Do try to get the bird looking your way and place the focus point on the eye !!! As presented desaturate the red, all digital cameras seem to over cook the red channel.

I like how you framed the bird within the boards and exposure is right on, have shadow detail !!! Looking forward to the next RWBB !!!

Milt Berko
02-24-2010, 10:31 PM
Hi Milt Always nice finding these guys at Waco and normally cooperate !! They should be getting more numerous and in breeding plumage !!

Would like you using a higher shutter speed since its difficult making a sharp image even with a tripod ! Do try to get the bird looking your way and place the focus point on the eye !!! As presented desaturate the red, all digital cameras seem to over cook the red channel.

I like how you framed the bird within the boards and exposure is right on, have shadow detail !!! Looking forward to the next RWBB !!!

Hi Al,
I was photographing another bird when I saw the RWBB in the corner of my eye, turned and shot. I had no opportunity to adjust for a higher shutter speed, but the in-camera IS helped. Was lucky to get the framing and exposure OK.

Alfred Forns
02-25-2010, 08:37 AM
H Milt During the get together at Wako I saw a RWBB that was time Mike got full frames with an iPhone !! I think the little guy would have jumped on my finger if I worked with him long enough :)

Just wait a few weeks and we will be getting tons of chances, the neatest pose is from the front singing and raising the shoulder !!!

Jeff Cashdollar
02-26-2010, 12:31 AM
Agree with ISO advise to get shutter speed up and HA could be improved. Image is soft, try and get it sharp with much higher shutter. Check out the Educational Forum, there are threads dealing with these topics. I will be glad to help you find them as well - thanks for sharing.