PDA

View Full Version : Iris Frac

Jackie Schuknecht
02-24-2010, 12:45 PM
Used the B an W sketch preset 1 (Frac), then blended with the original shot. NIK Velvia, NIK Darken lighten Center, then curves, vibrance, and added a texture layer. This was originally posted in macro. Thanks to Julie for some advice which I have applied here. Also I think I like the B and W sketch preset in Frac better than Poster Edges.
Comments Appreciated.
Thanks!

denise ippolito
02-24-2010, 03:12 PM
Very nice processing work Jackie. I like the outline edges that the Fractalius created. The BG color is very complimentary.

Dave Woeller
02-24-2010, 06:30 PM
Love the look and feel of this. I'll need to go over and see the original. I also love the subtle texture in the backround.

Julie Brown
02-24-2010, 10:08 PM
Jackie, I love the colors and textures in the flower and the BG. Really beautiful!:)

WIlliam Maroldo
02-24-2010, 10:23 PM
Good work Jackie; has that illustration look that I really like. It also points out how important the base image is to the final result, and I would guess the base was pretty darn good as well! I agree that fractalius and several other filters are much better than poster edges. I remember 10 years ago when I discovered poster edges and thought it was the best filter ever, but I grew to really dislike how it destroys details.
regards~Bill

Julie Kenward
02-24-2010, 10:32 PM
Beautiful! And I see you got a little height on that stem. ;):D;) Fabulous work with Fract, Jackie...nice and subtle just like the flower. Isn't it amazing what you can do with Fract and a floral?

Kora Baker
02-25-2010, 02:16 AM
Love the beautiful clean lines and vibrance all your clever post processing has given the iris. They are usually such stiff flowers but your perspective has given it motion:) Kora

Lance Peters
02-25-2010, 03:23 AM
Like this a lot Jackie - Great PP. :)

Jackie Schuknecht
02-25-2010, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the comments everyone:)

Arthur Morris
02-26-2010, 06:34 AM
I love most everything about this as noted above, especially the illustration look. I would love to see a version with a pure background, i.e., without the cracked wall stuff :) I do think that that would simplify it even more.