PDA

View Full Version : Morning at Desert National Park

Richard Stern
02-23-2010, 04:27 PM
The start of a birding day on our trip to Desert National Park, W.Rajasthan, India, recently.

D300, 80-400VR, hand-held, at 150mm., 1/250, F/6.3, ISO 400

Richard

Nick Palmieri
02-23-2010, 05:41 PM
Hi Rich, I really like the colors and the light . I think you could improve it by cropping a bit off the top and having left a little more room on the right.

Dave Mills
02-23-2010, 10:17 PM
Hi Richard, You captured a nice time of day and a beautiful sun. I know you have no control of the sun position in relation to the scene but I felt I would show you what I consider a better balanced comp. I moved the sun over to the left and lowered it cropping out some sky. I also cropped other areas in order to accentuate the 3 main areas.(trees,animal,sun). I now think the 3 areas play well off each other.
I realise that I radically changed the image but it's all for the sake of seeing another possibility....
The image reposted a bit lighter

Harshad Barve
02-23-2010, 11:56 PM
Excellent image and Dave's repost looks better
TFS

ps , Have you seen Desert Fox and Desert Cat in DNP

Richard Stern
02-24-2010, 05:59 AM
Thanks.I agree with the repost. We saw several Desert Foxes but no cats in DNP.
But plenty of good birds.

Richard

Harshad Barve
02-24-2010, 06:08 AM
We saw several Desert Foxes

Can't wait to see images :)

Robert Amoruso
02-24-2010, 08:06 AM
Dave came up with just what I would have hoped for in reality.:)

In the original post I would suggest cropping much of the FG out and cloning the two animals with the head down.

Roman Kurywczak
02-24-2010, 09:07 PM
Hey Richard,
My version may not be what you saw.....but I decided to play to show you a direction you could take also. If you want reality.....go with Dave's version.....I lightened the FG....boosted contrast.....did a billion levels and selective color adjustments as well as a few contrast boost. Throw in a few color balance ones......blurring the sky and some NR. That's it:D! Not everyone's cup of tea.....sometimes I just like to play around.
PS did mention cloning 2 animals on the horizon?

Richard Stern
02-24-2010, 09:42 PM
Hi Roman,

At least on my screen your version looks way over-sharpened, although I quite like the sky colors.

Richard

Roman Kurywczak
02-24-2010, 09:45 PM
Could be that I didn't turn of the sharpening when I put it into NR (sorry)..........OOOPS! At least I got half right!