Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro
Manual mode
1/500"
F10
ISO: 200
Canon 430EX: On, Fired
LR & CS3

I love these little flying shrimp!

The tiny white spots all over this thing are pollen. I cloned over most of them at about 50% but didn't want to remove them completely because they tell a story. Some of the light yellow on the body is a little hot but it treating it with the S/H tool made it look wrong so I left it as it. Just now I noticed a distracting dark spot on the yellow in the lower right BG that I should have cloned out.

Allen Sparks
02-23-2010, 11:18 AM
Nice shot Ken! I find these guys really hard to photograph well and I like the way you caught this one...close up, nice side view, wing blur, and probiscus showing. The background is a little busy but that does not really bother me too much.

Julie Brown
02-23-2010, 11:25 AM
Ken, like Allen, I find the sphinx moths hard to photograph-they move around so much! You got body detail, eye contact, and enough SS to get some wing definition.:cool:

Indranil Sircar
02-23-2010, 02:12 PM
Beautiful image, Ken. I like the details.

Julie Kenward
02-23-2010, 05:35 PM
Incredible image, Ken. You really froze him on the spot! I wish the BG were a bit more blurred but the details on the insect are so nice. I also wish the flower had been a little more in focus as well. hard to believe it seems that blurry at f10. Still, the focus is where it needs to be!

Vida van der Walt
02-24-2010, 02:21 PM
Great action shot Ken! Love the detail, colours and a nice comp. It is such a wonderful image I would spend some time and try to even out the bg if I were you.:)

Mike Moats
02-25-2010, 09:06 AM
Hey Ken congrats on this capture, very nice details, and like the little bit of wing action. Would like a little cleaner BG, but hey you do the best with what's offer in tight conditions, Well done. :)

Roman Kurywczak
02-25-2010, 05:56 PM
Hey Ken,
tough exposure handled very well. Yeah....cleaner BG but still nicely composed and captured.

Adrian David
02-26-2010, 10:46 AM
Excellent capture! Love the details and the action captured.