PDA

View Full Version : Fractalius Emu

Inge Schepers
02-23-2010, 07:11 AM
Back after quite some time. :) I read about the Fractalius plugin in the Birds As Art Bulletins and liked the effect. Today I tried it on a relatively old "portrait" of an emu, and really liked the effect. Although this is only my first attempt, I think it came out nice. What do you guys think?

I chose to mask the eye because it completely disappeared after applying the effect. I tried a couple of things but liked it best when the eye looked almost normal.

By the way, it has been quite a while since I have uploaded anything. I hope I managed to follow the instructions and did not break any rules. If I did, please let me know how to correct them...

Regards,
Inge

Christopher Miller
02-23-2010, 04:22 PM
Nice image, Inge! Very good frac effect. I like the clear eye.

denise ippolito
02-23-2010, 04:38 PM
Inge, I love the fractalius work here. Great look with the eye revealed. The mood is fantastic!:) Could maybe give it a tiny bit more room all around:) Very nicely done.

Inge Schepers
02-23-2010, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the nice comments.

Denise, I think you are right about a little bit more room all around. This was one curious emu, though, and I was glad it didn't shatter my lens! :D

I guess I could add some room using Photoshop. However, I have only just started learning more than basic adjustments, so I am not sure if I would be able to pull it off without ruining it. I might give it a try when I have a little more time, because I agree that it would improve the overall image.

Jackie Schuknecht
02-23-2010, 08:27 PM
Like the mood in this one a lot. Might take some off the top and make it a really tight portrait.

Lance Peters
02-24-2010, 01:35 AM
love the mood of this - TFS

Arthur Morris
02-24-2010, 05:07 AM
Love the feather glow. Would like to see the dark side of the face a bit lighter.

denise ippolito
02-24-2010, 12:09 PM
Inge, You may find this link helpful for adding canvas to images in the future. It is from the Educational Resources Forum on this site.
http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=41898

Kora Baker
02-25-2010, 02:22 AM
I think you've done a great job with fractalius here. Emus can be pretty spikey critters and are eternally curious. You've captured that look very well. My only suggestion would be to blur the catchlight a little. It seems just a tad too sharp for the rest of the expressive eye. Kora

Inge Schepers
02-26-2010, 02:31 PM
Thanks again everyone for the comments and additional information!