PDA

View Full Version : Peregrine

Bonnie Block
02-22-2010, 11:09 PM
http://www.pbase.com/herderdog/image/122221769/original.jpg
Another peregrine falcon (male) from Samish Flats--Skagit County, Wa.
I created this image today after thinking we had been skunked. These peregrines hunt a large flock of dunlins that are sitting in the farm fields at high tide (they leave at low tide). After one pass by the falcons this morning the whole flock left the site. A few of us diehards stuck around and were rewarded by the return of a few dunlins up close on another field and one last (unsuccessful) charge by the falcons.
Canon 7D 500/4
1/1600s f/5.6 at 500.0mm iso250 handheld

NoahGaines
02-23-2010, 01:35 AM
Great flight shot of a very fast and hard to capture bird. Great eye contact. The background looks a tad noisy. There is something weird between the first and second primary on the birds R wing is that the result of a imprecise selection in PS?

Craig Wallace
02-23-2010, 02:14 AM
A breath taking image, just as fantastic as your other post. use to go up there for the snow geese and trumpeter swans when my daughter was in school in Bellingham, didn't know about this.

Desmond Chan
02-23-2010, 02:18 AM
Like the sharpness and the pose. Good exposure. I think there's a bit too much room on the right though.

I know peregrine is fast when they're diving. But, I don't think they're that fast at other time. Not that they're slow like a crane though :)

arash_hazeghi
02-23-2010, 03:05 AM
Another nice shot Bonnie, you get the head turn and look. I would crop tighter on this one, I also see the funny spot between the primaries in the near wing.

Harshad Barve
02-23-2010, 07:15 AM
Another nice shot Bonnie, you get the head turn and look.

+ 1 here , excellent image on all counts
TFS

Vinay Lakshman
02-23-2010, 07:36 AM
Am loving this series...awesome light here & the bird is well placed in the frame .

david cramer
02-23-2010, 08:51 AM
Would love to have this one in my files. I agree about too much space, and I might desaturate the bg some, as those colors are strong and compete with the bird.