F8 1/250
http://luminepixels.com/tmp/IMG_8349.jpg

Harshad Barve
02-22-2010, 09:07 PM
Lovely pose , nice to see that eye and habitat
TFS

Robert Amoruso
02-22-2010, 09:52 PM
He stands out well in the contrasting grass. I wish you had better density in the shadows. You should try what I do with the Coastal Brown Bears during my workshops in Alaska. I intentionally push the grass into a clipping condition (usually only one channel, the red one gets blown). In ACR you use recovery and then later in PS highlights selection on a background copy, make a grayscale mask and then change blending mode to Multiply and opacity to taste. Works well to increase density in the deep shadows.

Steve Canuel
02-22-2010, 10:44 PM
Really like the habitat here Sid. The head angle and turned down ear makes me wonder if he was looking at another moose?

Sid Garige
02-22-2010, 10:59 PM
Really like the habitat here Sid. The head angle and turned down ear makes me wonder if he was looking at another moose?

Steve,

You are right. This image is just before the fight broke. He walked out with both antlers intact.

Steve Canuel
02-22-2010, 11:05 PM
Thanks for the info. This guy has a unique looking antler on the left side. It looks like they were pretty evenly matched although the previous one posted looks a little more worn out (maybe its that broken antler). I envy your experience.

Todd Frost
02-22-2010, 11:13 PM
Nice habitat image. Works well with the bg colors with good detail. He does have an odd rack. TFS
Todd

Alfred Forns
02-23-2010, 09:54 AM
Hi Sid

Good looking animal and like the surrounding bg !! Very complementing !! Did well with the exposure and about the only area that might lack shadow detail is around the neck area !!! Don't feel it detracts form the image and like it a lot as presented !!!

Callie de Wet
02-23-2010, 02:10 PM
I really like the expression and the eye that is fastened on you in a nearly human way! Also a nice, in the environment shot!

Roman Kurywczak
02-23-2010, 03:08 PM
Hey Sid,
A bit more light on the shadow area would be super. I like Robert's tip too and I may try it also. Bery nicely placed in the environs too!

Austin Thomas
02-23-2010, 06:40 PM
Hi Sid,

Good subject, showing the environment well. Eye contact is great. Subject a little too central for my liking.

tfs

Austin

Sid Garige
02-23-2010, 09:25 PM
He stands out well in the contrasting grass. I wish you had better density in the shadows. You should try what I do with the Coastal Brown Bears during my workshops in Alaska. I intentionally push the grass into a clipping condition (usually only one channel, the red one gets blown). In ACR you use recovery and then later in PS highlights selection on a background copy, make a grayscale mask and then change blending mode to Multiply and opacity to taste. Works well to increase density in the deep shadows.

Robert,

That is a great Idea. I use a little different approach. I used layer mask on vegetation and use burn tool to augment shadows. Then multiply layers and adjust opacity on top layer.