PDA

View Full Version : lines on the mountains

Valerio Tarone
02-22-2010, 01:03 PM
Sunday was a cloudy sunday. I began studying the lines forming a geometric texture. i got alot of shots, this is one with hard lines.Does it work? there's a blue cast as always in similar con ditions of weather.
Some other shots have a positive EV
nikon D70 300mmf4 AFc ISO200 Matrix f5,6 1/500

C&c !

Robert Amoruso
02-22-2010, 01:23 PM
I think the composition is great. THe strong diagonals and triangles form strong patterns. My suggestions are for processing as I believe more contrast is needed to accentuate the forms. I am good with the blue color cast.

I did:

1) Levels correction to expand shadows and highlights and open up the dynamic range. I also used the mid-tone slider to lighten it.

2) Add s-curve with a curves correction.

3) Local contrast enhancement using USM on a Background Copy at 20/50/0 (see me tutorial here for more on this technique www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20434 (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20434)).

If I had more time I would try some other stuff out too on this but have to run.

Well done.

Roman Kurywczak
02-22-2010, 02:28 PM
Hi Valerio,
Interesting vision and nicely seen capturing the graphic element and lines. I do like your dark presentation but I also like Roberts tweaks especailly to the apparent sharpness (which was probably the contrast boost). You may want to run another round there too....just to compare. Very interesting lines and flow to this abstract presentation.

Valerio Tarone
02-22-2010, 02:47 PM
Thank you
Robert seems a master for me!! Roman, seeing the images on the screen I see, I usually prefer 'hard' lines, the EV 0,5-1 positive EV have less hard lines.

Dave Mills
02-22-2010, 04:19 PM
Hi Valerio, Good eye turning a mountain scene into an abstract. Robert's repost gave the image some depth which the OP lacked. The monoch...look seems to work on this image. As stated the different forms add interest to the viewer...

Valerio Tarone
02-23-2010, 12:38 PM
Yes Davis, I review my previous thread,as things must be view and review. The image is more balanced and stronger.