PDA

View Full Version : Tuolumne Meadows

Julie Brown
02-21-2010, 09:05 PM
One of my favorite places. :)

Shot with my iphone on a walk in late June, 2008.

Cropped and tweaked in Lightroom.

Harshad Barve
02-21-2010, 09:24 PM
What a view Julie, looks like a must visit place , excellent image
TFS

Julie Brown
02-21-2010, 09:59 PM
Thank you Harshad.
It is a wonderful place-it is in Yosemite National Park, in California.

denise ippolito
02-22-2010, 07:21 AM
One of my favorite places also. Beautiful image.:) Brings back memories.TFS

Alfred Forns
02-22-2010, 10:05 AM
...iPhone !!!! One of the best I've seen !! Love those clouds !!! ... maybe we should start on iPhone gallery !!!

Julie Brown
02-22-2010, 10:26 AM
Denise and Alfred, thanks for commenting. Yosemite is one of the crown jewels of our NPS.

I think an iphone gallery is a good idea! :D Surprisingly, the 2MP iphone camera has given me some interesting images. I always have it with me, so it makes for a good trail diary. There are also many fun image editing apps you can use, and you can immediately email the photos!:)

Kerry Perkins
02-22-2010, 09:04 PM
Beautiful Julie, and one of my favorite places also! How did you ever get that polarizing filter to fit your iPhone? :)

BTW, I have suggested that we have a cell phone section here! Al, please don't limit it to iPhones. I don't have one yet, but I have posted several cell phone shots in OOTB!

Julie Brown
02-22-2010, 09:21 PM
Good one Kerry! No polarizer for this shot, but last October I was driving in Colorado, and I stopped to take an iphone shot of the snow-crested Collegiate Peaks. It was mid-day so I covered the tiny lens with my polarized sunglasses. The shot turned out pretty good. :D

You are a lot closer to Yosemite than I am. I miss it.:)

Julie Brown
02-22-2010, 09:26 PM
Kerry, I went back into Lightroom to see what I had done to this image-and yes I applied a GND to the sky.:cool:

Alfred Forns
02-23-2010, 11:30 AM
Julie Fabs posted one from the iPhone from Yellowstone and asked to guess what camera/lens :) Should have seen some of the guesses ... I think one was medium format :D Gallery is not a bad idea, its growing on me !!!! :)

Julie Brown
02-23-2010, 12:00 PM
Alfred, how long ago was that? Is it in this forum, I would like to see it!:)
You got my vote for the iphone gallery.:cool:

Alfred Forns
02-23-2010, 12:10 PM
Julie will ask Fabs and send you a link !!! :) It was posted in Oct but don't remember the gallery !!!

Alfred Forns
02-23-2010, 12:20 PM
Got it Julie ... here is the link :) It was in Landscape !!!!!

http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=47614

Julie Brown
02-23-2010, 06:33 PM
Alfred and Fabs, thanks for finding that image and providing the link.

When I first looked at the image, I thought smoke might be in the sky, because I have a few images like that myself. In the summer of 2008, much of California was burning.

That is a great shot. The colors of the trees are vibrant, and of course it is composed well. I have found that scenes that allow a lot of depth from foreground to background give the best results with the iphone camera. I don't know about other phone cameras, but the iphone lens seems to give a unique perspective, almost like a pin-hole camera. Do you think that is an accurate analogy?

When I post iphone images on my photoblog, the camera info says f2.8 iphone. What focal length do think the lens might be?

Reading everyone's comments was amusing, but I wouldn't have been able to guess either!:D

Alfred Forns
02-23-2010, 11:39 PM
Hi Julie

I'm just guessing it would be a 50 or so compared to a 35 mm format !!!

The reaction from most is not believing what they are seeing :) btw mine was from the 2MP model ... imagine the new 3 MP !!! ... btw you can download camera plus which has zoom and flash !!! Neat !!!