PDA

View Full Version : Forrest Sunset, Mt Taygetos.

Christos K.
02-21-2010, 06:39 PM
And a little HDR
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x293/SpartanWarriors/e290b5f3.jpg
Thanks for looking;)

Ed Cordes
02-21-2010, 06:53 PM
Dramatic effect! I like the image a lot. The FG is just about perfect. The HDR effect is visible in the sky as is some noise. Can you layer the sky to reduce the slight posterization I am seeing on my monitor and reduce the noise?

Harold Davis
02-21-2010, 08:02 PM
the sun seems dead middle to me. i would crop off the right side to eliminate the telephone poles and offset the sun. i may even trim a sliver off the top. agree with ed about the fixes, but well done on the HDR. still feels natural to me.

Dave Mills
02-21-2010, 08:35 PM
Hi Christos,Beautiful light along with an interesting sky. I agree with Ed regarding the noise which I can see extending down into the mountains. Regarding the crop I would take some off the left up to the tree before the tallest tree. If this were mine I would clone out the telephone poles. I didn't want to crop from the right since I like the reddish bush in the foreground...

Roman Kurywczak
02-22-2010, 02:19 PM
Hi Christos,
If possible, please post some of the specs (camera, lens, SS, f-stop etc) so others can also learn from your image.
I do like the look of this but do agree with others on a few of the artifacts. Some are probably due to large compression while others were probably introduced in PP'ing. Nicely balanced comp and correcting some of the issues mentioned will help make this an even stronger presentation!

Dan Wolin
02-24-2010, 01:10 PM
This image has a very dream like quality to it which I like. I agree with the other comments above regarding the pole.

thijs broekkamp
03-01-2010, 03:42 PM
Nice picture! Real nice colours :d