PDA

View Full Version : emerald coast sunset mini-world

Julie Brown
02-21-2010, 03:28 PM
I followed the posted directions for creating a mini-world in PSE, but I don't know what else to do. How do you smooth out the colors and get the circles to line up? I don't know where that white border came from either.:confused:

Help is appreciated!:)

Mark Fuge
02-21-2010, 05:32 PM
Hello Julie,

I don't know exactly what you did. As for your white border, I would check your original finished mini-world image to see if it is on an oversized white background. I always view the image in the final form before posting. Doesn't get rid of little things, but would show you the BG image. I also use a black BG to work in, Grey is another option. I find the white does not work best for me. The black shows the colors better than white. But in my copying the image, it appears you had a border around it withn you saved it for the web, as the overall size is 800x800.

Generally, I find that upsizing the image allows me to clone the area to blend. If the rings are offset, there isn't much you can do and unfortunately they usually are if you use the basic instructions given on an image like you have. You would just have to blend them over a distance to make them appear to be connected. Takes practice, but it can be done.

You can also do it with masks, but I'm still learning PS myself and have not done much in masks.

Hope you have good luck with it. It takes a little work to get the minis to come out as you desire, but when you get the hang of it, it isn't that hard.

I've attached a quick revised image. I didn't worry about the clone marks, nor did I spend the time to make it perfect, but just want to show you the results. I used a #10 brush and 15% opacity for most of it. Take your clone point close to the point you want to modify, also come in from both sides of the area to blend it. The light and dark "sky" causes the most problems, but can be adjusted if you take your time. You just have to work the area until it matches your vision. Again, this is one way to do it, masking also works for those who know how to do that well.

Julie Brown
02-21-2010, 06:33 PM
Mark, thanks for the info. I will rework this and post it if I have any success. I think this can be fun when I get a handle on it!:D

Alfred Forns
02-21-2010, 08:12 PM
Hi Julie All these images are about imagination and feel and your has no lack of either !!! Excellent suggestions by Mark !! I think your close to getting a handle !!!

Julie Brown
02-21-2010, 08:36 PM
Thank you Alfred for the nice comment. :) I'm looking forward to playing with this!:D

denise ippolito
02-21-2010, 10:01 PM
Julie, I think Mark covered everything nicely. You could add a layer mask and then rotate the image a little to clean up the straight line. Or you could use the clone tool as Mark suggested. Nice colors and the sunset and beach look great!!:)