PDA

View Full Version : Wet Zebras and Wildebeest

beykirch
02-20-2010, 11:05 AM
During our trip in the Ngorongoro Crater two weeks ago, we had a very strong rainfall for around 3 hours. During the rain, all the animals in the crater did not look very happy ...

http://www.seehase-beykirch.homepage.t-online.de/Wet_Zebras.jpg

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV, 4.0/300L IS, ISO500, f5.0, 1/320sec

All comments are welcome

Bernd

Ken Watkins
02-20-2010, 12:05 PM
I like this a lot the animals look extremely miserable and who can blame them!
Excellent use of wider aperture to blur the BG. I might trim a little ofthe unfortunaly featureless sky.

Steve Canuel
02-20-2010, 01:00 PM
Great job of capturing the feel of this downpour. I like how all the animals in the BG fade away into a blur yet still retain their identity. I agree with Ken regarding taking some off the sky. I might also crop out or remove the rear end of the one zebra on the right. A neat shot.

Alfred Forns
02-20-2010, 01:54 PM
You did capture the mood, look at those ears ... they do look miserable !!! Wished the baby Z and Wildebeest were a little more to the right but you did one amazing job at lining the entire group !!! Pleasing and big time keeper !! .. agree on taking a some form the sky !!! Big Congrats !!!

Todd Frost
02-20-2010, 02:31 PM
Nice image, shows Africa differently than the norm. Exposure and colors look good. Agree on crop suggestions (top and right). Very well done. TFS
Todd

Fabs Forns
02-20-2010, 03:17 PM
The do look pretty miserable, yes. I love extreme weather conditions for pictures, so you got my blessings there. Crop sugg sounds like a good idea.

Sid Garige
02-20-2010, 09:41 PM
Looks like everyone is enjoying the rain...

Harshad Barve
02-20-2010, 09:50 PM
Looks like everyone is enjoying the rain...

And we too , excellent image and advise above
TFS

Marc Mol
02-21-2010, 01:27 AM
Wet, miserable and yet wonderful, you've really captured those conditions very well Hans.
TFS

Austin Thomas
02-21-2010, 07:03 AM
The extra dimension offered by the rain really boosts this image.

Agree with the crop comment above.

tfs

Austin

Roman Kurywczak
02-21-2010, 11:38 AM
Hey Bernd,
I think I was in the Serengeti during that downpour! I do wish for a bit more seperation but with the herd and the addition of the rain.....this was very nicely handled and you captured the feel of the crater very nicely!

Ed Cordes
02-21-2010, 06:22 PM
Wow! the animals are certainly showing their displeasure. Good capture of the mood. Gail and I will soon be in the Ngorongoro and are looking forward to seeing what it looks like when there is water. We were there in 2006 and it was drought without much water in the lake at all. This trip looks to be able to present a different perspective.