Metering Mode : Center weighted average
Focal Length : 105,0 mm
Sensing Method : One-chip color area sensor
White Balance : Auto white balance
Focal Length 35 : 157mm
Lens : Nikkor 105mm/f:2,8 VR

Allen Sparks
02-19-2010, 10:47 PM
Nice! I like this composition with the heart of the flower in the LRC and being the main focal point.

Markus Jais
02-20-2010, 12:15 AM
Great shot. Wonderful colors. Great composition as Allen already mentioned.
I only with the large petal in the upper left wasn't cut at the very top.

Markus

Vida van der Walt
02-20-2010, 04:09 AM
Lovely image Adrian. Great detail in the center of the flower, great place ment of the flower in the frame and lovely yellows. Agree with Markus on that clipped large petal but it is not a big issue.:)

Ken Childs
02-20-2010, 08:22 AM
Adrian, this is a lovely shot and it has the best comp of your Primrose shots. If this is a crop, I'd try leaving a little more space on all sides. If not, next time you're shooting something like this, try pulling back a bit.

Sometimes when shooting close-ups, I tend to get in too close which doesn't leave me any room to work with to get a pleasing composition. Super close doesn't always give you the best results when shooting macro.

Adrian David
02-20-2010, 11:13 AM
Thank you to all!
Now I am a little puzzled...When I've posted my first primerose, Julie told me to use the ROT, when I do the cropping...That is what I have done on the next three photos. Trying to apply the ROT, is not living me too many
choices on what o keep in the frame or what to crop out, without including some distracting backgrounds...What would be the better choice? To apply strictly the ROT, or to crop "near" ROT without clipping the petals?
Al suggestions are welcome!

Ken Childs
02-20-2010, 11:39 AM
Thank you to all!
Now I am a little puzzled...When I've posted my first primerose, Julie told me to use the ROT, when I do the cropping...That is what I have done on the next three photos. Trying to apply the ROT, is not living me too many
choices on what o keep in the frame or what to crop out, without including some distracting backgrounds...What would be the better choice? To apply strictly the ROT, or to crop "near" ROT without clipping the petals?
Al suggestions are welcome!
Adrian, the ROT is more of a guideline so you don't have to hit it exactly. Also, none of us commenting on your images have seen what the original looks like so we don't know what's been removed. If you've cropped out things that detract from the subject then you may have already done what was needed to make the image work.

Adrian David
02-20-2010, 11:56 AM
Thank you Ken, This is my opinion too!
This is another crop of the image.
Thank you for the feedback!

Dave Mills
02-20-2010, 12:15 PM
Adrian, Beautiful image. I liked the OP but the repost without clipping is right on. As stated the rule of thirds is a guideline but does not always have to be strictly adhered to. Don't let that stifle your creativity. Again, Well done!

Julie Kenward
02-20-2010, 01:23 PM
Exactly right about the ROT's...and I mentioned it because your center of focus (the center of the flower) was too far down in the corner - I thought the ROT's would help you pull that back up a bit. This repost is the best of both worlds - you got the center closer to the ROT's position but you didn't clip the petals.

Nice work on the yellows also. I think this is the best of both worlds, Adrian!

Adrian David
02-20-2010, 01:57 PM
Thank you Julie!

Charles Wesley
02-20-2010, 06:40 PM
Adrian,

I like all the nuances of yellow in this photo. Like it in tight and great use of the ROT.
Keep 'em coming...