PDA

View Full Version : Egyptian vulture / Socotra / Yemen

Horacio Scotti
02-19-2010, 04:15 PM
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x128/marplanauta_bucket/_MG_3799v2800web.jpg

Canon 30D - Tamron 70-200 2.8 - 1/3200 - f5.6

Peter Farrell
02-19-2010, 05:12 PM
Very cool bird. Nice detail, especially in the head area. Good HA for this look back pose.
The birds body kind of blends with the BG. I wuold love to see it against a more consistent BG.

Aiden Blake
02-19-2010, 06:06 PM
The birds body kind of blends with the BG. I wuold love to see it against a more consistent BG.

:confused: Are we looking at the same picture here? :confused:

I would have to completely disagree here, while it's not a smooth blurry background the bird is most definitely separated due to colour contrast, among other things.

This is a really nice environmental portrait you've captured. It feels a bit overexposed to me.

Axel Hildebrandt
02-20-2010, 06:49 AM
I like the look-back pose and sharpness. The light looks quite harsh and I would tone down the highlights more, add maybe a bit more room at the bottom if you have. I find the pieces of wood a bit distracting.

Sabyasachi Patra
02-20-2010, 10:11 AM
Nice to see an Egyptian Vulture. We do have this species in India. I agree that without the man made elements, the image would have looked better. In India, this species is mostly found near human habitations as they scavenge from the landfills, garbage dumps etc. Wish to see this in better light. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi