PDA

View Full Version : Kingbird

Antonio Lopez
02-22-2008, 09:19 PM
I've done some PS processing but I'm not very proficient with the program. I know the bg would look better if it were the green. What else could I have done.

Canon 20D
f 5.6
1/125 +0.3ev
600mm + 1.4 tc
ISO 400

George DeCamp
02-22-2008, 09:47 PM
Hi Antonio!

I like this a lot! Looks sharp and a nice clean background to go with it, like the perch as well. I think my only suggestion would have been a little more room on the bottom and a little off the left to get the bird over a bit and off center.

Very nice image!!!

Axel Hildebrandt
02-22-2008, 10:10 PM
Nice setting and pose. I also would like to see a bit more room at the bottom and the BG looks a bit posterized.

Judd Patterson
02-23-2008, 10:04 PM
Antonio, this is a very nice kingbird photograph. The background looks great to me...the transition between the two colors is quite smooth and both colors look natural and pleasing. I agree that a little more room for the tail feathers would be helpful as well as perhaps just a bit more of a head turn to give the perfect head angle. The lighting here works great as it allowed you to balance the exposure between the black and white feathers quite nicely. Good work!

Gus Cobos
03-18-2008, 06:30 PM
Antonio,
You got yourself a mighty fine bird. I like it very much. The composition is good, the background compliments the subject very well, making it stand out. However, I would give yourself a little more room on the bottom and to the left of the frame.

Congrats...:D

Gus...:cool: