PDA

View Full Version : Let's go home!

Ramesh Adkoli
02-19-2010, 02:12 AM
Shot this image one evening on the shores of River Godavari in southern India. This family of a fisherman were fishing late into the evening, packed up and were ready leave when i saw them. I have couple of questions on the composition: does it look cluttered with too many objects? Is it too tightly framed? Appreciate your views.

EXIF: D700, 24-70mm @70mm, 1/160s, f/11, -0.7EV, Auto WB, hand held, full frame
PP: CNX2, recovered some shadow details, levels.

regards,
ramesh

Kobus Tollig
02-19-2010, 05:20 AM
Nice image you have here well done. I think the bush s a bit distracting

Robert Amoruso
02-19-2010, 09:15 AM
I like the overall feel and the clean silhouettes. I am both ways on the bush. It does help to balance the FG with the boat and then the sun - look at the diagonal line of sight between them. But I wonder if a composition w/o the bush would have been better.

Roman Kurywczak
02-19-2010, 09:20 AM
Hi Ramesh,
Yes, I agree that w/o the bush it would probably be stronger.....but as presented it does balance the image nicely. Very nice mood and feel in this one!

Dave Mills
02-19-2010, 10:41 AM
Hi Ramesh,The lighting and boat are great. I also feel the image would be stronger without the bush even though the placement is handled well.You caught a pleasing moment here.....

Nick Palmieri
02-19-2010, 04:36 PM
Very nice colors and feel to this image. Just expanding on the others comments, I was wondering about cropping the image at the bottom near where the branch reflections begins. Not convinced that much below this is adding to the image and without it the balance will still be maintained. Nice job overall.

Dave Leroy
02-19-2010, 05:57 PM
Very nice mood to this one. The fishermen look like they are at the end of a long day. A crop off the bottom seems right to me also. Dave

Roger Clark
02-19-2010, 11:25 PM
Hello Ramesh,
I like the bush. In fact I think without the bush, the foreground would be boring. Also, if the bush extended over the whole bottom, it would be like a wall separating the viewer from the boat. So the bush adds interest to the foreground without separating the viewer from the people. Well done. I like it as is.

Roger

Ramesh Adkoli
02-20-2010, 06:45 AM
Thanks a lot, everyone for your valuable inputs. I couldn't avoid the bush as the river bank had think foliage except for this small clearing. The boat was moving and i didn't want to miss the moment:) I too felt that having the bush worked out OK as it added some interest to the FG and balanced the image.

regards,
ramesh

Ramesh Adkoli
02-20-2010, 06:49 AM
Nick, i see your point on cropping the bottom part a bit. I gave it a try and here is the repost. I liked this! Thanks for the suggestion.

regards,
ramesh

Roger Clark
02-20-2010, 11:11 AM
Ramesh,
I like the cropped repost. the water at lower left was a little bland. The crop brings the people closer to the viewer and the foreground water is more interesting.

Roger

Harold Davis
02-21-2010, 09:28 AM
the repost is exactly what i was thinking!! love it!! the silhouette is tack sharp and i like the way the two people are "posing". well done, ramesh.

Dave Mills
02-21-2010, 09:32 AM
After seeing the repost I have to admit that small adjustment made the image stronger and better balanced...I like it!

Ramesh Adkoli
02-22-2010, 10:43 AM
Thanks a lot for the affirmation.

regards,
ramesh

Harshad Barve
02-23-2010, 12:20 AM
Excellent image Ramesh , lovely repost