PDA

View Full Version : Mini World – The Gathering

Mark Fuge
02-18-2010, 05:58 PM
This image was previously posted on a number of boards here, without the mini world treatment. It was taken at Lion Country Safari a few years ago. I had worked it last week, but held off posting and noted Indranil’s circle of birds “record”, but I decided to post it anyway.

Modification was limited and included; resizing to square image, which works well for mini’s, Polar Coordinates, and frame. I filled in the border with black to highlight the white birds.

Enjoy!

Fabs Forns
02-18-2010, 07:47 PM
Good choice of palette and the image lends itself to the treatment, did the polar coordinates disappear in the black?

Alfred Forns
02-18-2010, 07:59 PM
We should join forces Mark ... Mini World meets the Sphere World !!! :) Sweet !!!

Harold Davis
02-18-2010, 08:14 PM
nice work, mark! you did a nice job of losing the line!!

denise ippolito
02-18-2010, 08:56 PM
Mark, Nice work. I like the color tones and the creative arrangement of birds. This is one of my favorites of yours.:)The black BG really sets off the image.

Mark Fuge
02-18-2010, 09:14 PM
Good choice of palette and the image lends itself to the treatment, did the polar coordinates disappear in the black?

Thanks Fabs for viewing and comment. Appreciate it.

The black is an overlay that replaced the normal matte area of the image. It is outside the image and PC area.

Mark Fuge
02-18-2010, 09:25 PM
Thanks Alfred, Harold and Denise for viewing and comments. Appreciate it.

I do like the way it turned out and the contrast of the white birds and BG.

I removed what line there was with cloning. I find that easier for me. Glad you can't find it!!! ;) :D

FYI this is the original image as previously posted. I did not do any adjustments for this posting. Just thought some might like to see it. I see some issues I would correct for the future, but they do not effect the viewing of it now.

Julie Kenward
02-19-2010, 06:26 PM
That is a wonderful image, Mark. I love the way all the birds are looking at each other. My one comment - and this is just me being weird - is that it feels "top heavy". Have you tried putting the lone bird (that is in the 7 o'clock position) up in the 10 or 11'oclock position? Just a thought...

Mark Fuge
02-19-2010, 07:08 PM
That is a wonderful image, Mark. I love the way all the birds are looking at each other. My one comment - and this is just me being weird - is that it feels "top heavy". Have you tried putting the lone bird (that is in the 7 o'clock position) up in the 10 or 11'oclock position? Just a thought...

Thanks for viewing and comment, Jules.

No, I didn't. I think it helps add an element to the open area. I also felt that at all gatherings there is a wall flower ... hence the lone "eagle"! ;) I know how he feels, I've been to gatherings! :o ;) But thanks, I appreciate your viewing and comment.