PDA

View Full Version : Ruby-Crowned Kinglet

Rich Williams
02-18-2010, 06:29 AM
These guys are really hard to get shots of. You know what Im mean if you've ever tried. Anyway this was shot at 1600 ISO with a D300, F8, 1/125. I cleaned up the background noise with noiseware.
http://www.pbase.com/cre8foru/image/90905464/original.jpg

arash_hazeghi
02-18-2010, 06:51 AM
Nice details and nice perch. like the leaf too! wish the head was angled towards you and BG is a bit distracting. TFS

Axel Hildebrandt
02-18-2010, 08:46 AM
Good-looking specimen and sharpness. I wish the head were angled toward you and agree that this is not the most cooperative species.

Randy Stout
02-18-2010, 09:01 AM
Rich:

I agree with Arash and Axel about the head angle.

The leaf is quite cool, wish I could see it all. Would def. tone down the bright areas on the background, they really pull the eye away from the subject.

Cheers

Randy

Daniel Cadieux
02-18-2010, 11:15 AM
I agree with the above comments. Nice sharpness as posted! I know how difficult these guys can be, but if it is within your ethics these guys can respond nicely to audio...used judisciously, of course.

Craig Markham
02-18-2010, 06:57 PM
Congratulations on catching a sharp image of this little guy between its nervous flits! A little more headroom above, and enough below to catch the leaf tip might have been a plus, but your comp shows the sharp details of the bird nicely, as is. Removing the OOF object in the LLC would help. I'm still waiting to get a keeper of my own for this species.
-Craig