PDA

View Full Version : Lake Colors

Julie Brown
02-18-2010, 06:03 AM
This is a coastal dune lake at Grayton Beach State Park in Florida. I was attracted to this scene by the colors and patterns of the sand and water. I was limited to this vantage point by the trail and did not have time to set up a tripod shot. :(

Canon 40D, 24-105 f4L IS, 28mm, f16 @ 1/60sec, ISO 320, 0 EV, pattern metering, manual mode, HH

PP: Lightroom 2.6
full frame-no crop
exposure: set black and white points
enhanced clarity and vibrance, boosted contrast slightly
tone curve: darks down, lights up (linear point curve)
used GND on sky and beach
bumped up lake water saturation to get color separation
sharpening and NR

C&C welcome and appreciated!

Jackie Schuknecht
02-18-2010, 10:27 AM
Like the colours and the comp. Wonder what it would have looked like if you had stepped the the right and made the leading lines more on a diagonal. Nice colours in the water and good job with the gradient.

Alfred Forns
02-18-2010, 11:38 AM
I like Jackie's idea for the diagonal if you could have moved there !! Sweet colors, can't say I have ever seen them like that, neat !!!

Lance Peters
02-18-2010, 06:34 PM
Love the colours - Jackies idea would have been interesting - good work on the PP.
:)

Oscar Zangroniz
02-18-2010, 06:57 PM
Love the composition, I like it as presented. Great colors

Julie Brown
02-18-2010, 07:24 PM
Thank you Jackie, Alfred, Lance, and Oscar for looking and commenting. I think the unusual colors come from the decayed organic material in the water.

I initially was not going to post this image because the composition lacks a diagonal sight line. But the beach and the water gives it interest so I was curious to hear other opinions.

I now wish I had taken the time to work this scene. Maybe next year! :)