PDA

View Full Version : China and fake photograph

Keith Kennedy
02-22-2008, 06:28 PM
An interesting article on page 1 of today's Wall Street Journal (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120363429707884255.html?mod=todays_us_nonsub_pag e_one) about a Chinese photographer who blended two images but represented the final composite as 'original'. The photo showed some endangered antelopes running in a group with the new 'train to the top of the world' in the background. The image was subsequently used by the Chinese government to show how the controversial train and the antelopes could easily co-exist. Some Chinese photography bloggers recognized the poor photoshop technique and exposed the photographer as a fraud.

Obviously, the photographer did not use quick mask! So Robert, when will the Chinese version of APTATS be available? At least one photographer in China could have used it.:)

Keith

Alfred Forns
02-22-2008, 08:30 PM
Thanks David He should have known better There are lots of gray areas difficult to say yes or no but this one is sort of black !!!

Robert Amoruso
02-22-2008, 08:32 PM
An untapped APTATS market for Robert O'Toole? :D

Robert O'Toole
02-23-2008, 09:03 PM
An interesting article on page 1 of today's Wall Street Journal (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120363429707884255.html?mod=todays_us_nonsub_pag e_one) about a Chinese photographer who blended two images but represented the final composite as 'original'. The photo showed some endangered antelopes running in a group with the new 'train to the top of the world' in the background. The image was subsequently used by the Chinese government to show how the controversial train and the antelopes could easily co-exist. Some Chinese photography bloggers recognized the poor photoshop technique and exposed the photographer as a fraud.

Obviously, the photographer did not use quick mask! So Robert, when will the Chinese version of APTATS be available? At least one photographer in China could have used it.:)

Keith

So Keith you are calling all of my Clients/customers ethically challenged :D

As Artie says "Dont be a bitter and unhappy person" :D:)

Robert

Robert O'Toole
02-23-2008, 09:05 PM
An untapped APTATS market for Robert O'Toole? :D

Thanks for that, so this is what I get for giving you a free APTATS CD. Be nice, APTATS 2 will be out soon, but I know you already know all of it, as was the case with APTATS 1
:D

Jim Poor
02-23-2008, 09:09 PM
How soon? :D

Robert O'Toole
02-23-2008, 09:27 PM
Wish I had a firm idea Jim really ASAP since I keep on coming up with new ideas and material but I really need to finalize it and get it out.

Thanks for asking.

Robert

Keith Kennedy
02-23-2008, 10:31 PM
Robert,

I was paying you a compliment!!!

Keith

Robert O'Toole
02-23-2008, 10:35 PM
Robert,

I was paying you a compliment!!!

Keith

I know.

Just giving you a hard time, I couldnt resist. :)

Robert