PDA

View Full Version : Bosque del Apache Sunrise

Jack Panzeca
01-02-2008, 09:15 PM
Canon 1Ds Mkll, 24-105 @ 105, 1/640 at f18, -2/3, ISO 800.

Congratulations Guys !! Great opening, If you keep adding members at the current rate you might just crash the entire internet !!

Bosque del Apache has to be the most wonderful place in the world to take pictures. This was sunrise at the railroad crane pool.

George DeCamp
01-02-2008, 09:27 PM
If you keep adding members at the current rate you might just crash the entire internet !!

Ain't that the truth! ;)

This is a sweet shot Jack! Having recently come back from Bosque I can recall this exact scene in my mind and you captured it really well. I like the Rays!

Welcome to BPN!

Maxis Gamez
01-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Hello Jack and welcome!

What a lovely image. The composition works very well and the flying ducks tell the story.

Alfred Forns
01-02-2008, 09:35 PM
Love it Jack !!!!! Captured the essence of Bosque !!!! ..... and btw you owe me a little real state down the bottom !!!!!!

Water color is great So is the timing for the birds in the air I think this might make the calendar next year !!!!!!!!!!!

Arthur Morris
01-02-2008, 09:51 PM
OK Jack, Here comes Mr. Ball-buster <smile> You have a good balanced exposure in a difficult situation and everthing is sharp. As Alfred stated, you needed to be a bit wider to have more of the dark stuff at the bottom. A bit wider overall would not have hurt either... If you had stopped down a bit more, you could have gotten more of the starburst effect... As for the positon of the two geese in flight, no good. (How's that for gentle?) They needed to be either to the right of the sun--pretty tough to do--or even better and easier, on the left side of the frame to balance the sun...

Later and love, artie

Glenn Bartley
01-02-2008, 10:38 PM
What a great silhouette! Welcome aboard!

Fabs Forns
01-02-2008, 10:56 PM
My dear friend, what a treat!!!!!

Alfred, help me roll out the red carpet, hurry up, Jack is here :)

Lovely image and good advise on how to make it even better.

Please say hi to your lovely wife for me!

Jack Panzeca
01-02-2008, 11:29 PM
Hi Artie,

One of these days you are going to learn to say what you really think !

Thanks for the advice, the next frame had a little more on the bottom and the birds are more to the left. I will work on it and try again.

This is a truly wonderful startup. A newly posted image gets pushed off the front page in a few hours.

Congratulations to you and the entire group

Ákos Lumnitzer
01-02-2008, 11:33 PM
Excellent mood in your image Jack. If I were in this situation I perhaps wouldn't have known what to do and which way to turn from the excitement. I could not see anything wrong with this then I read Artie's comment about the geese being to the left and the starburst and all of a sudden it occured to me too about that composition offering a little more balance in the sky. All the things I am reading in ABPII are flooding into my brain. It would be hard for me personally to think of all the factors if I were in your shoes.

David Lowell
01-03-2008, 04:42 AM
Jack,

I am sure the others are technically correct, but your photograph catches the essence of Bosque dawn for me.

Thanks for posting.